Report: Belmont to join Missouri Valley Conference

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Now it’s a strong reality, Tennessee St will be coming to SWAC after this. Tennessee St need a boost in their program and coming to SWAC will only do it and inevitable!
I can assure you it isn't going to happen as long as their current AD is in place. The only way there is any chance of that happening is if TSU alums want it and push for it to happen.

Now it’s a strong reality, Tennessee St will be coming to SWAC after this. Tennessee St need a boost in their program and coming to SWAC will only do it and inevitable!
TSU wants to play JSU and FAMU every year if they can....rip Atlanta Classic.When FAMU joined the SWAC conference it probably rattled them a lil bit....pun intended

I can assure you it isn't going to happen as long as their current AD is in place. The only way there is any chance of that happening is if TSU alums want it and push for it to happen.
you mean current staff from prez on down - they the suburban folks who want the perks of hanging out in the hood to seem down but wouldn't lay their head down or send their kids to the hood to help enhance the situation - they rather stay the tokens even though their not respected

you mean current staff from prez on down - they the suburban folks who want the perks of hanging out in the hood to seem down but wouldn't lay their head down or send their kids to the hood to help enhance the situation - they rather stay the tokens even though their not respected
Well, I guess. But I interviewed their AD. He's even said as much. If they do leave the OVC, they are not coming to the SWAC.

I still don’t think Tennessee State will end up in the SWAC. For stability purposes, The Big South would probably be the better fit when it comes to all sports. Playing other HBCUs (like NC A&T & Hampton) are beneficial but as Tennessee St has shown, it’s not a main concern! IMO, I think A moved to the ASUN is better for travel purposes. The footprint of the ASUN is similar to their current travel scenario in the OVC.

I still don’t think Tennessee State will end up in the SWAC. For stability purposes, The Big South would probably be the better fit when it comes to all sports. Playing other HBCUs (like NC A&T & Hampton) are beneficial but as Tennessee St has shown, it’s not a main concern! IMO, I think A moved to the ASUN is better for travel purposes. The footprint of the ASUN is similar to their current travel scenario in the OVC.

Better fit or common sense? They’ve done nothing but create decades of mediocrity

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
https://www.nashvillepost.com/sport...cle_70f4e970-1d53-11ec-b0a4-ffb74f3ba168.html

Ohio Valley Conference now down five schools since beginning of 2021

Same amount of schools as SLC has lost.

They are still at six football playing schools. Belmont is a non football playing institution. Same math as Southland which is apparently adding Commerce

All Sports (6)
Eastern Illinois
Murray State
SE Missouri State
Tennessee State
Tennessee Tech
Tennessee-Martin

Non-Football (2)
Morehead St (Pioneer)
Southern Illinois-Edwardsville

https://www.nashvillepost.com/sport...cle_70f4e970-1d53-11ec-b0a4-ffb74f3ba168.html

Ohio Valley Conference now down five schools since beginning of 2021

How you gonna give us a link and we can't even read the story there..... SMH...

Besides football, I think the ASUN is gonna be too large for their own self in most of the other sports.

Time to come on home other TSU 😄

I actually said on the TSU message board, our best bet at this point would be for the SWAC to adopt the MEAC, TSU join (that would be 19 schools, so we'd need one more HBCU) and have 4 five-school divisions - East, South, Midwest, West (or something like that).

I actually said on the TSU message board, our best bet at this point would be for the SWAC to adopt the MEAC, TSU join (that would be 19 schools, so we'd need one more HBCU) and have 4 five-school divisions - East, South, Midwest, West (or something like that).

Doing that would lesson the amount of HBCU's getting in any of the post season playoffs in all sports. Also it would reduce the amount of funds that come from the NCAA into each conference.

Whats the link to the TSU message board?

I think its best for the SWAC for TSU to go to another conference.

Back