Report: Belmont to join Missouri Valley Conference

If I'm the swac commish in consultation with jsu, I'm letting Tn State know that the swac is ready to take a 5 year break from playing tnstate in any sport and can revisit after that. Same thing I would have done with A&T. Going to let you stand on your own 2 feet if that's what you want. As far as travel goes, in an expanded swac they'd only travel from florida to ms with an occasional trip farther west.
As far as making sense, it doesn't. They could average over 30k a week in the swac. nearly everyone in the east is going to draw a crowd in Nashville.
I could actually see that happening now with all the changes that are happening on the FCS level with football. Now, Dr McClelland had mentioned multiple times that he wants an even number of teams in the SWAC. So if an invite to Tennessee State goes out, then they must be looking at another team to join or to move up. Also, I've been hearing rumblings that the ASUN wants to expand beyond its 6 members with football. So that actually could be a viable option as well.

I could actually see that happening now with all the changes that are happening on the FCS level with football. Now, Dr McClelland had mentioned multiple times that he wants an even number of teams in the SWAC. So if an invite to Tennessee State goes out, then they must be looking at another team to join or to move up. Also, I've been hearing rumblings that the ASUN wants to expand beyond its 6 members with football. So that actually could be a viable option as well.

ASun drops to 5 in 2023. So they definitely will be looking for teams to add

Regarding the 2nd team the swac could go get, they need a team in the atlanta market. getting someone in the auc to move up would be my first choice. With an eye toward the future however, if no school from the auc is capable of moving to fcs, with a possible move by the conference to fbs, I'd consider georgia state. they'd do better likely by every measure to be in the swac. their home schedule would have them average a sell out in the swac.

Regarding the 2nd team the swac could go get, they need a team in the atlanta market. getting someone in the auc to move up would be my first choice. With an eye toward the future however, if no school from the auc is capable of moving to fcs, with a possible move by the conference to fbs, I'd consider georgia state. they'd do better likely by every measure to be in the swac. their home schedule would have them average a sell out in the swac.
Georgia State is FBS

Georgia State is FBS
yeah... u should read my post again. IF we are talking about moving to fbs as a conference having a school in the atl metro would be huge. If none of the auc schools can or are willing to move up from DII to fcs to fbs over a short time period, georgia state could be a viable option... for us... as an fbs conference. would def be a win for ga state

Back