Remember this name: Van Hunt

HBCUs

Deep in Tha Heart of...
I found out about this cat Van Hunt on a message board on Prince's website. People were raving about the kid's album such that I was compelled to check it out. The CD is NICE yall. Although Van Hunt has his own musical identity, he draws from a broad range of artists: From Curtis Mayfield to Stevie Wonder to Prince to Tony Toni Tone.

This one's definitely a keeper. I'll give it about 4-6 months before it blows up. The only drawback is the album may not be available yet in smaller markets. Amazon.com has it for a reasonable price though.

You can listen to samples from every song on the self-titled album at www.vanhunt.com

HBCUs said:
I found out about this cat Van Hunt on a message board on Prince's website. People were raving about the kid's album such that I was compelled to check it out. The CD is NICE yall. Although Van Hunt has his own musical identity, he draws from a broad range of artists: From Curtis Mayfield to Stevie Wonder to Prince to Tony Toni Tone.

This one's definitely a keeper. I'll give it about 4-6 months before it blows up. The only drawback is the album may not be available yet in smaller markets. Amazon.com has it for a reasonable price though.

You can listen to samples from every song on the self-titled album at www.vanhunt.com

Already checked it out and bought it! :tup: I was telling one of my boys bout this cat the other day!

Yeah, I bought it a few months ago at Tower Records in ATL. I haven't looked, but I don't know if Best Buy has it.

I love the CD. My favorite is "Seconds of Pleasure", which is a nice, slow tune that reminds me of Prince's old style...kinda like International Lover. Van's style is eclectic, but I like that. He does have the Sly/Prince/DeAngelo/Curtis Mayfield flava. Which basically means he has been able to incorporate his own style.

He said he grew up watching his daddy pimp so he's been around that 'lifestyle' all his life so it was automatic that he would grow up to make that kind of music.

Back