Remember the Kid Who Caught His own Pass

He has no one to blame but the individual in the mirror. This is just another prime example of being a follower, instead of leader.

A lot of black males are in the grave and in prison trying to following some bum azz loser.

Definitely, A lot of talent but they can’t get over the hump of bringing home a State Championship!

Seen thIs story repeat itself over and over on the South Side since birth for our schools - I'm here to tell you it won't change

Once shadow creek came on that was it for Manvel - when Iowa colony and the new fb school come board that's another slap - when the one last Iowa colony deep in Rosharon comes on it's done

To see if I'm right just start at Madison, make your way to Willowridge, Hightower to see - only 2 state titles on the south side ever and that's willowridge but you see how that has changed -

Seen thIs story repeat itself over and over on the South Side since birth for our schools - I'm here to tell you it won't change

Once shadow creek came on that was it for Manvel - when Iowa colony and the new fb school come board that's another slap - when the one last Iowa colony deep in Rosharon comes on it's done

To see if I'm right just start at Madison, make your way to Willowridge, Hightower to see - only 2 state titles on the south side ever and that's willowridge but you see how that has changed -
There's a "happening" on the other side of town.

When did HSs feel it necessary to erect an "auxillary football stadium" complete with state of the art turf, jumbotron, & no track adjacent to the big stadium? 😱 I understand the want, not need, for turf on the baseball and softball fields. 4 gyms in the revamped HS... why? smh The aux football stadium would damned near put a lot of small college stadiums to shame smh. The big district passed a just south of $700M bond package which included athletics upgrades. The neighbors to the left and right got jealous and the locals passed their $449M and $375M bond packages earlier this year.

I am too into my feels because I'm looking at the supply/feed system in progress and how shsu has directly benefited by jumping south on 45.

Yeah. I gotcha. Shadow Creek won a couple of years ago in 5A. But has recently been bumped to 6A.

I'm just not used to thinking about Black folks living in places like Manvel and Alvin. Growing up in Galveston county, they were just racist Highway 6 hick towns that we used to mop the floor with athletically. Santa Fe as well.

ain;t no such thing as community pride in urban Houston - it's lets run to the new school and win quick - sustain a few title runs and then bolt to the next new thing - then what's left is sad

we don't value tradition and history out here
They aint building a lot of new schools in the burbs of the DFW huh? Is it Allen that has like 6k or 7k students?

It's an arms race in the suburban school districts.

It's hard not to get sucked in, especially when you graduated from the very one you financially support. 🤮🤮🤮🤮😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

They aint building a lot of new schools in the burbs of the DFW huh? Is it Allen that has like 6k or 7k students?
I think Frisco is the area in Dallas where new schools are. I think Allen is the only school there. Also, North Shore has close to 5K in Houston

Back