Recruiting and coaching situation at SU??

JagGrad

What will be the biggest adjustment
Defensive coaching adjustments OR
Recruiting in KEY positions................

Lavigne set to leave Southern football staff
The (Baton Rouge, La.) Advocate staff report
Linebackers coach Tom Lavigne said he is leaving Southern University for one of three job offers in college football, including possibly a position on Grambling's staff.

"I hope I'm leaving on good terms," he said. "I've done everything they asked of me."
Lavigne, who said he will weigh his options this week, said his decision to leave Southern stemmed from a desire for more professional growth.

"I'd like to be a defensive backs coach or defensive coordinator," he said. "I don't want to go to one place and get stagnant."

Lavigne declined to reveal the other two job possibilities.
Southern head coach Pete Richardson said he found out Lavigne was leaving Saturday.
"He did a good job for me," Richardson said. "I just need to finish up recruiting and add to my staff."
Lavigne came to Southern last year after spending two years at Tennessee State.

Lavigne, who holds bachelor's and master's degrees from Grambling, also had stints at Ole Miss (defensive backs from 1999 and 2000), running backs coach at Oklahoma State (running backs from 1995-98), Northwestern Oklahoma State (defensive backs) and Grambling (defensive backs in the early 1980s).

Grambling defensive coordinator Michael Roach left the team after its first game last season for health reasons. He officially resigned last month.

Back