Randy Moss

Your link doesn't work!

But, why the "L"was Randy Moss trying to run over somebody? This is just crazy to me. I hope he wasn't on no Narcotics.......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Moss arrested after run-in with traffic agent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss was arrested Tuesday after being accused of bumping a traffic control agent with his car.

Moss

The agent stepped in front of Moss to stop him from making an illegal turn in downtown Minneapolis, and Moss used his 2002 Lexus to slowly push the officer a half-block along the street, stopping when she fell to the ground, police spokeswoman Cyndi Barrington said.

Barrington said the agent, a city employee but not a police officer, was not seriously hurt.

Moss was in jail on suspicion of assault with a dangerous weapon, a felony. Barrington said the county attorney would consider charges Wednesday, and it was unclear whether Moss would be allowed to post bail Tuesday night.

However, ESPN has learned that police intend to charge Moss with second-degree assault, a felony.

"He's going to be treated like anybody else,'' Barrington said.

The Vikings issued a statement Tuesday night that said the team wouldn't comment about the incident until it had gathered more information.

Vikings coach Mike Tice said he couldn't comment until he knew more.

"I'm still trying to figure out what's going on,'' Tice said.

Jerry Hullerman, 46, said he saw the incident while parked near the intersection.

"I saw a really decked-out Lexus pushing the traffic person along,'' said Hullerman, who was also interviewed by police. ``It was really surreal.''

He said the agent was facing forward while sitting on the front of the car with one hand on the hood and the other hand on her radio as the car pushed her along.

After a few seconds, Hullerman said, the man in the car tapped the accelerator and knocked her down. "She fell flat on her face,'' Hullerman said, adding that the driver didn't get out of his car.

Hullerman said squad cars arrived seconds later and officers took Moss into custody.

Moss has been in trouble before on and off the field since he was drafted in 1998. He squirted a referee with a water bottle in 1999, and abused corporate sponsors on the team bus in 2001.

The Vikings are off to an 0-3 start, their worst since 1967, and Moss caught just four passes for 16 yards in Sunday's loss to Carolina.

The 25-year-old Moss is in his fifth year with the Vikings and is the team's highest-paid player. He signed an eight-year, $75 million contract last year.

He set an NFL record with 5,396 yards receiving in his first four seasons as a pro and is the only wide receiver with more than 1,000 yards receiving in each of his first four seasons. Moss has scored more touchdowns since his 1998 debut than anyone except St. Louis running back Marshall Faulk.

Last year, Moss drew criticism after telling reporters that he plays when he wants to play. "There's nobody here on the face of the earth that can make me go out here and play football,'' he said. "I can go out here on the field and suit up and stand on the sideline and play. At my highest level? I don't know. If I want to go out here and play at my highest level, I'll do that.''

He also has taunted opposing players and bickered with teammates. But after Tice was appointed head coach in January, Moss stayed in Minnesota during the offseason and worked out most days at the team's headquarters.

"By me coming here and working out with most of the young guys, I guess that's just showing them a little leadership and how bad I want to win a Super Bowl,'' Moss said in June.

People may not think of Minneapolis as they would Birmingham, Montgomery or Philadelphia, MS when it comes to race relations. But Minneapolis is not the place for a Black man to get into this kind of trouble. It is whether he has millions of dollars or not.

I think that ni99a done lost his mind. You cant run over the meter maid and push them down the street a half a block. He is lucky he didnt get his punk ass shot.

Originally posted by EB
People may not think of Minneapolis as they would Birmingham, Montgomery or Philadelphia, MS when it comes to race relations. But Minneapolis is not the place for a Black man to get into this kind of trouble. It is whether he has millions of dollars or not.

Gotta disagree with ya EB. Thats the case in some parts of Minnesota due to a lack of minorities. Minneapolis has had one of the highest percentages of interracial marriages in the U.S. for a looong time. Im' not saying everything is roses regarding race, but the race card is probably the last thing Randy should be worried about right now.

BIFF, the Twin Cities may have one of the highest rates of inter-racial marriages. But as an ex-resident, I can tell you that the racial hostility was as high or higher than any other place that I have been. This includes Texas, Louisiana, and Georgia. Granted it has been a while since I have been there. But in order for the area to change, they will need a huge cultural change in attitudes.

Originally posted by EB

IT WAS SELF IMPOSED TROUBLE. HE COULD HAVE TAKEN THE TICKET (MAYBE $50) AND WENT ON IS MERRY LITTLE WAY. VEHICULAR ASSAULT :smh: HE WILL PAY HIS LAWYERS $1500 AN HOUR TO GET HIM OUT OF IT.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI

IT WAS SELF IMPOSED TROUBLE. HE COULD HAVE TAKEN THE TICKET (MAYBE $50) AND WENT ON IS MERRY LITTLE WAY. VEHICULAR ASSAULT :smh: HE WILL PAY HIS LAWYERS $1500 AN HOUR TO GET HIM OUT OF IT.

Considering what could happen next, he will probably be thinking that he could have been somewhere else besides the Hennepin County Jail. I will watch to see what happens next.

Then again I have to add this to any message including my first one. I have learned to temper my thoughts. While the situation is different, I will not forget the amount of charges that were against Allen Iverson this summer. We saw what happened to him.

Forget everything else..... I need to know will he play this weekend for fantasy football reasons:confused: :eek2: :xeye:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
D*MN , FIRST THE FAT BOYS BREAK UP THEN RANDY PULLS A STUNT LIKE THIS . MAN HE JUST NEEDS TO CHILL OUT . :smh: :smh: :smh:

MEN DO WHAT THEY WANT, BOYS DO WHAT THEY CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jay
Randy Moss... I don't know what to say about him....

I do....HE'S CRAZY AS HELL! That fella's got issues as deep as his cornrows are tight! He's got some reeeeeeaaal problems. He's about one step removed from that other lunatic that played for Nebraska...Lawrence Phillips. :smh:

Originally posted by AAMU Alum
He's about one step removed from that other lunatic that played for Nebraska...Lawrence Phillips. :smh:

Ahhhhhhhhh..........You remember that nut? Where is he now anywayz?

Hopefully, he's somewhere under close psychiatric observation, where he can't assault young women....or anyone else for that matter.

Originally posted by EB

Considering what could happen next, he will probably be thinking that he could have been somewhere else besides the Hennepin County Jail. I will watch to see what happens next.

While the situation is different, I will not forget the amount of charges that were against Allen Iverson this summer. We saw what happened to him.

The AI thing is totally different, you knew when they came up them charges that it wasn't going to stick. But you have eyewitnesses and she was radioing in for help at the same time it was occuring. He has a problem with anger and has not stepped up to the plate to take care of it. No matter what city he's in, if he did that he would still get the same action taken against him. He's no longer the toast of the town and he can't cope being the "man" on the team, they (Vikings) miss Chris Carter more than they think(know).

The Vikings suck and Randy isn't worth all of that money. They need to trade him...eat up the salary cap costs for a couple of years...and then rebuild the team.

Maybe Randy can revive his career somewhere else. I think he's worn out his welcome in Minnesota.

Originally posted by Fiyah

The AI thing is totally different, you knew when they came up them charges that it wasn't going to stick. But you have eyewitnesses and she was radioing in for help at the same time it was occuring. He has a problem with anger and has not stepped up to the plate to take care of it. No matter what city he's in, if he did that he would still get the same action taken against him. He's no longer the toast of the town and he can't cope being the "man" on the team, they (Vikings) miss Chris Carter more than they think(know).

These are good points. Yes, Moss has an anger problem that is not being helped by the fact that Minnesota is 0-3 and a bad team. Trust me. I am not trying to excuse him for anything, especially since he has been given chances that most of us would dream of having.

But I based my comments on my knowledge of the area. To paraphrase what my mother has said on occassion, a brother in Moss' position there can go from the penthouse to the outhouse very quickly.

In addition to missing Chris Carter, I think that they miss Dennis Green. (Then again some blame Dennis Green and Red McCombs for their "soft" treatment of Moss.) I think the Vikings will give team turmoil another meaning.

I know that George O'Leary, the assistant head coach, is a good coach. But I am not totally sold on Mike Tice. Maybe I am wrong about him. But I know that he has a lot of work to do.

MOVE BEYOTCH GET OUT THE WAY

"He was going real slow," Robert Nelson said. "Apparently, he didn't want to hurt her. I think he was just trying to frighten her into moving."

The Nelsons said they watched in disbelief as the woman turned around, placed her behind on the hood of the car and walked in front of it as the car nudged her down the street. The car turned onto Marquette as she continued to walk in front of it, they said.

Jerry Hullerman, a courier, was eating a sandwich in his truck on Marquette when he saw a man he later learned was Moss, nudging Zaccardi with his car. At one point, he said, it appeared Moss had stopped and she stood up from the hood of his car.

"She just wasn't going to budge," Hullerman said. "He intentionally knocked her over. . .. It was so surreal."

Don't forget the OTHER issue...

Regardless of all that...

she shouldn't have stepped her stupid azz in front of that moving car like she was bad or something!!! :lol:

That doesn't condone what he did...but SHE was the fool!

~shrugs shoulders~

Back