Quick and Easy Chicken Dishes

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
As a single mug, I have a problem of not eating balanced meals, i.e. i usually will make one thing and eat on it for days and not have balance with it, specifically usually i'm lacking meat of some kind. Meat (like fish and chicken) are such a pain in the bass to deal with,, i mean,, it seems so easy when I go to the parents house and there's that whole chicken that Moms roasted in the oven in Zesty Italian dressing that just falls off the bone and is seasoned just right oh my stinking goodness,, esp when you dip a few spoons of that ZI and chicken broth out and pour it over your chicken/rice or whatever. :nod:

But man,, as a single mug,, i just can't see trying to bake a whole chicken. Plus too,, how do you clean the dayum thing?? :confused: Chicken would be a perfect medium between beef and fish (although i'd love to have fish more often but my goodness, fish is even more of a pain in the arse to deal wit than chicken it seems), but the preparation and cooking seems a bit much for just one person; i mean if it's Moms,, a baked chicken will, first of all, be about half to 3/4ths gone in the first sitting,,, then she will use it to make either soup or chicken salad which will last for like a week. I can't see that for just one person.

How do you single mugz handle cooking chicken (or fish or beef or pork) for one,, some easy and quick recipes? yeah i can google, but individual experience recipes are more interesing. :)

Ooooooooooooo Oooooo Oooooo Ooo OOOOOooooooooo!!!! Baby Boy, Baby Boy, Baby Boy.... you got issues that I can't help you with as I let that be the problem for the chef at Char....... Olive Garden................. Captain's Catch........ Piccadilly's......... Logan's Farm......

Ooooooooooooo Oooooo Oooooo Ooo OOOOOooooooooo!!!! Baby Boy, Baby Boy, Baby Boy.... you got issues that I can't help you with as I let that be the problem for the chef at Char....... Olive Garden................. Captain's Catch........ Piccadilly's......... Logan's Farm......

Fort,, ya gotta work wit me here,, i live in a town of 22K people soaking wet. the nearest Char/Olive/Captain's/Picca/Logan's to me is 32(OG in Dothan) or 78(all the rest in da Gump) miles away!

I mean, there's Ruby Tuesday, some Mexican joints, a few chinese joints, but non-ya on the rest so I have to root-hog or die (or go by the parents,, :swink: ).

As a single mug, I have a problem of not eating balanced meals, i.e. i usually will make one thing and eat on it for days and not have balance with it, specifically usually i'm lacking meat of some kind. Meat (like fish and chicken) are such a pain in the bass to deal with,, i mean,, it seems so easy when I go to the parents house and there's that whole chicken that Moms roasted in the oven in Zesty Italian dressing that just falls off the bone and is seasoned just right oh my stinking goodness,, esp when you dip a few spoons of that ZI and chicken broth out and pour it over your chicken/rice or whatever. :nod:

But man,, as a single mug,, i just can't see trying to bake a whole chicken. Plus too,, how do you clean the dayum thing?? :confused: Chicken would be a perfect medium between beef and fish (although i'd love to have fish more often but my goodness, fish is even more of a pain in the arse to deal wit than chicken it seems), but the preparation and cooking seems a bit much for just one person; i mean if it's Moms,, a baked chicken will, first of all, be about half to 3/4ths gone in the first sitting,,, then she will use it to make either soup or chicken salad which will last for like a week. I can't see that for just one person.

How do you single mugz handle cooking chicken (or fish or beef or pork) for one,, some easy and quick recipes? yeah i can google, but individual experience recipes are more interesing. :)

I received this in my e-mail a few days ago.
Hope this helps.

Easy Chicken Recipes: http://easy.betterrecipes.com/easychickenrecipes.html

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet. :)
Bartram, try some of them. Let me know how they turn out.

get chicken breasts....prep with your favorite seasonings, freeze....remove before work, come home baked/grill/sautee, serve with rice or veggie.

chicken spaghetti casserole is easy...i'll come back with details

Ground chicken (I find it at whole foods and target)
Noodles (whatever kind you wanna use)
Rotel
Cream of chicken soup (2 cans)
Cheese
Fresh Pico (or not - I use about 1/2 cup of this instead of two cans of Rotel)
Cilantro

Fix the chicken and noodles as you would when making spaghetti. After they are done, combine the chicken, noodles, Rotel, fresh pico, soup (add a bit of milk to your liking so it won't be so thick), and some cheese. Mix this up well, put it in a casserole dish, and cover the top with cheese and cilantro.

Bake in a 350 degree oven until the cheese at the top is bubbly. I give it 15 minutes.

Add a salad or some veggie, and some bread, and call that mofo a M-E-A-L.

As a single mug, I have a problem of not eating balanced meals, i.e. i usually will make one thing and eat on it for days and not have balance with it, specifically usually i'm lacking meat of some kind. But man,, as a single mug,, i just can't see trying to bake a whole chicken. How do you single mugz handle cooking chicken (or fish or beef or pork) for one,, some easy and quick recipes?

Fort,, ya gotta work wit me here,, i live in a town of 22K people soaking wet. the nearest Char/Olive/Captain's/Picca/Logan's to me is 32(OG in Dothan) or 78(all the rest in da Gump) miles away!

I mean, there's Ruby Tuesday, some Mexican joints, a few chinese joints, but non-ya on the rest so I have to root-hog or die (or go by the parents,, :swink: ).
U know, bottom line to all you've said (Using my eyeballs) is... FREEZE THE LEFTOVERS in individual containers for meals later! That's what I do. :idea: Last week, I cooked Shrimp/Sausage Gumbo, Mustard Greens, BBQ Chicken & Potato Salad. Since I have tons of ziplock containers, I pulled about 6 of 'em down & filled the small square containers w/greens & others w/gumbo. Monday evening, I still had a taste for greens, so I microwaved a container. That said, bake that whole bird if you want to.

Fish:
2 wks ago my sister & I went to Sams; she bought a package of fresh tilapia which had at least 10/11 pieces. She cooked only what they were gonna eat that night & froze the rest (put the tray inside a ziplock freezer bag.)

Recipe: I haven't made it in a minute, but my hair dresser served it to me a few yrs ago & I fell in love w/it:
Porkchop Casserole

Pork Chops (Any cut)
Potatoes (Large Red - preferably)
Campbell's Creme of Chicken & Herbs
Campbell's Creme of Mushrooms w/Roasted Garlic (<---My favorite) or Campbell's Creme of Chicken & Mushroom
Lawrys Seasoned Salt, Pepper, Parsley, Tony Chachere Creole Seasoning

Preheat Oven to 375
Season & bake porkshops in a glass baking dish & cover w/foil (don't allow porkchops to overlay)

While that's cooking:
Wash and cut potatoes into nice size chunks place in a bowl
Spoon half of each can of soup onto potatos and stir (to coat potatoes)
Take pork chops out and pour the potatoes on top of them and spread evenly
Spoon the rest of the soups over the dish, replace foil, and bake until potatoes are done.
Freeze leftovers! :D :kiss: Goes great w/frozen green beans & salad!
You can add veggies (sweet peas (small can) or diced carrots to the casserole
Please note, u can substitute chicken breast for pork chops

U know, bottom line to all you've said (Using my eyeballs) is... FREEZE THE LEFTOVERS in individual containers for meals later! That's what I do. :idea: Last week, I cooked Shrimp/Sausage Gumbo, Mustard Greens, BBQ Chicken & Potato Salad. Since I have tons of ziplock containers, I pulled about 6 of 'em down & filled the small square containers w/greens & others w/gumbo. Monday evening, I still had a taste for greens, so I microwaved a container. That said, bake that whole bird if you want to.

Fish:
2 wks ago my sister & I went to Sams; she bought a package of fresh tilapia which had at least 10/11 pieces. She cooked only what they were gonna eat that night & froze the rest (put the tray inside a ziplock freezer bag.)

Recipe: I haven't made it in a minute, but my hair dresser served it to me a few yrs ago & I fell in love w/it:
Porkchop Casserole

Pork Chops (Any cut)
Potatoes (Large Red - preferably)
Campbell's Creme of Chicken & Herbs
Campbell's Creme of Mushrooms w/Roasted Garlic (<---My favorite) or Campbell's Creme of Chicken & Mushroom
Lawrys Seasoned Salt, Pepper, Parsley, Tony Chachere Creole Seasoning

Preheat Oven to 375
Season & bake porkshops in a glass baking dish & cover w/foil (don't allow porkchops to overlay)

While that's cooking:
Wash and cut potatoes into nice size chunks place in a bowl
Spoon half of each can of soup onto potatos and stir (to coat potatoes)
Take pork chops out and pour the potatoes on top of them and spread evenly
Spoon the rest of the soups over the dish, replace foil, and bake until potatoes are done.
Freeze leftovers! :D :kiss: Goes great w/frozen green beans & salad!
You can add veggies (sweet peas (small can) or diced carrots to the casserole
Please note, u can substitute chicken breast for pork chops

FORT - thanks!
I will try it with chicken and some other minor modifications.

I pick up salmon at Costco, season it all and fully prepare for cooking, then only cook (grill, bake etc..) what we will eat, then freeze the rest. Thaw out the remaining portion when we want it again.

FORT - thanks!
I will try it with chicken and some other minor modifications.

I pick up salmon at Costco, season it all and fully prepare for cooking, then only cook (grill, bake etc..) what we will eat, then freeze the rest. Thaw out the remaining portion when we want it again.

Here is a very simple recipe for salmon.
I tried it Saturday.
It is very tasty.
I modified the recipe.
I baked the fish instead of frying it
I substituted Virgin Olive Oil for the butter (less fat and healthier).

Salmon with Pecan Honey Glaze:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Salmon-with-Pecan-Honey-Glaze/Detail.aspx

Skinless Chicken Breast (or tenders)
Cream of Mushroom soup
Can of Chopped Chili's
Sour Cream
Noodles, Rice or Waffles

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and cook in a skillet until done, add cream of mushroom soup, chopped chilli's and sour cream and blend until mixed. Simmer on low for 20 minutes.

Cook Noodles, Rice or Waffles.

Pour chicken mix over noodles, rice or waffles.

Serve with a salad to complement the meal.

Damn, I'm hungry...I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. Y'all got some good stuff posted. :licky:

Back