Questions on JSU's Kent

THAMES

I heard where your quarterback Robert "Superman" Kent got cut on the arm and received 22 stitches during the SU game. He left the game but returned. Exactly how and when did this happen? Did it really impact the game? Will he be ready for GSU?

06.jpg

Robert Kent
(joe ellis cl)

Kent left after JSU's opening drive in which he scored on a 4 yard run. That's when he got hurt. It was in the first quarter.

He returned in the 3rd.

I can't honestly say that it affected the outcome. Green filled in admirably. He guided us downfield for a score on his first possession. He tossed a beautiful 24 yard TD pass to Manning on 4th down. That's the only time we scored with Green in. Yet I can't say that he harmed us in any way.

We had several opportunities to tie/win the game after Kent came back. Therefore I won't use Kent's absence as an excuse for the loss.

IMO, Kent's return sealed the deal for SU and hurt JSU's chances of coming back.

The backup QB seems much better than Kent at this point.

Jordan will get all the snaps .................... NEXT YEAR. In this game, this was the first time Kent and company came out ready to play. Everything was clicking.

Jordan is the QB for the next 2 years. Kent is the QB now.

Nothing to snicker at .......................... The QB I am looking at this year is KENT. Wrong name ........... Big deal ............BUT ............I knew I could count on a Bamma for JSU facts.

Tell me who the 3rd QB is .................. I know you are trying to keep up with who is kicking the bullpuppies to sleep.:cool:...year to year.:lmao:

Green will be a senior next, but I'm not convinced he's the starter. I hope McLaurin or someone else steps up.

Originally posted by jstate83
Nothing to snicker at .......................... The QB I am looking at this year is KENT. Wrong name ........... Big deal ............BUT ............I knew I could count on a Bamma for JSU facts.

Tell me who the 3rd QB is .................. I know you are trying to keep up with who is kicking the bullpuppies to sleep.:cool:...year to year.:lmao:

THis is the SPORTS BOARD, dude...quit tryin' to smack all the dayum time! :D :p

Originally posted by Ntelekt
THis is the SPORTS BOARD, dude...quit tryin' to smack all the dayum time! :D :p

And just like the BAMMA'S told me last week when I reminded ya'll arse's of this same thing .................. "BLOW IT OUT YOUR ARSE."

Now nothing was done last week ................ Let's see how fast a JSU poster can get deleted.

Why are you so angry, anyway??? :lol:

Somebody helped you out with a name of a player on YOUR team who you DIDN'T know, and now you're getting mad...why? :)

Man .....................nothing on this board can make me angry or make me think about it 1 minute after I logoff.

Just pointing out what was told to me by one of you last week.:D

But *I* didn't say it, man....that's MY point! :D

It's all good, though.

But tell me this:

Who would YOU rather see playing against Gram...Kent or Green???

Moderator ............................ Warning accepted. Just want the same thing to happen when I'm told the same thing you warned me about........... AGAIN. Nothing was done last week. I just did it back today to see how fast this would happen.:(

Originally posted by Ntelekt
But *I* didn't say it, man....that's MY point! :D

It's all good, though.

But tell me this:

Who would YOU rather see playing against Gram...Kent or Green???

I know you didn't say it .............. I just repeated it just to see what would happen ...................

Now for your question ......................

If Kent and the offense comes out, ready to play like they did Saturday ............ I want KENT. They was in a groove for a change from the beginning. Green is good, but everytime he got near the red zone, the preasure was tooo much for him.

Originally posted by JSU/99
Green will be a senior next, but I'm not convinced he's the starter. I hope McLaurin or someone else steps up.

I'm convinced Green will be the starter next years.

K-Mac will have it for the 3 years after that, unless Lee becomes eligible and beats him out. Then K Mac possibly could be moved to WR. He was recruited as a WR and QB by 1A schools.

October 21, 2003

Battered Tigers aren't giving in

By Mark Alexander
malexander@clarionledger.com

First it was turf toe. Now it's a large gash on his left arm and a bruised sternum.

Robert Kent is like a lot of his Jackson State teammates right now. Bruised and battered. But the show must go on says Kent, whose left elbow was swollen the size of a grapefruit Monday.

"It's too late in the season to be worrying about injuries," Kent said. "We've got to win some games and try to salvage something."

Kent sustained the gash and sternum injuries Saturday against Southern as he made his way into the end zone on a 3-yard touchdown run in the first quarter. He left the game to have the wound stitched up then re-entered the game early in the third quarter. "I don't even know how it happened," Kent said. "I didn't feel it. Someone pointed it out to me, they said it was bleeding. All I knew was my chest was hurting. It was the first touchdown I've scored where I didn't try to celebrate some kind of way."

UP NEXT: JSU, 2-6 overall and 2-1 in the Southwestern Athletic Conference, hosts three-time reigning SWAC champ Grambling State, 5-2 and 4-0, at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m.

Grambling, ranked No. 15 in the Sports Network Division I-AA poll, has beaten JSU three straight times, including a 52-31 victory last season. The game does count as a SWAC game.

QUOTABLE: "We can't change the past; we have to look to the future," said JSU cornerback Michael Cooley responding to a question about the Tigers' uncharacteristic 2-6 start. "We've still got a chance to get to Birmingham."

GOOD RETURNS: Cletis Gordon had two kickoff returns totaling 61 yards Saturday, including a 51-yarder in the third quarter. The fleet-footed sophomore ranks second nationally in kickoff return average at 31.8 yards per return.

BETTER AGAINST THE RUN: JSU allowed a season-low 90 yards rushing Saturday, one week after giving up a season-high 264 yards against Alabama State.

Back