Question: What HBCU is partially funded by the US Government?

BRAVEHEART123

The Clown Prince of Crime
Take a wild guess. I just learned this fact today. My question is why can't all HBCUs receive the same amount of funding from the US Government? Also found out that they are a PRIVATE institution whereas most SWAC institutions are PUBLIC.

Don't know...If I had to guess, I would say Howard University.

But here is a list of all the Public and Private 2 and 4 year HBCU institutions

HBCU List

Don't know...If I had to guess, I would say Howard University.

But here is a list of all the Public and Private 2 and 4 year HBCU institutions

HBCU List

Yep it's Howard. Not sure why.

Howard,
That is common knowledge and why their azz is so lazy in aspect to other things.

Congrats, Howard is the correct answer. And I agree with Pop in that how can Howard be the way that it is with all those research accredations and stuff? We at Alcorn could only dream to have that much funding as Howard gets from the US Government...:smh::smh:.

All the 1890 landgrant HBCUs receive federal dollars. A&M and Tuskegee split the disbursement in Alabama.

All the 1890 landgrant HBCUs receive federal dollars. A&M and Tuskegee split the disbursement in Alabama.

I always thought the 1890 Morrill Land Act only guaranteed that land had to be offered to institutions that had a Black/African American admittance. I didn't think the same act guaranteed HBCUs federal money.

I could be wrong.

I always thought the 1890 Morrill Land Act only guaranteed that land had to be offered to institutions that had a Black/African American admittance. I didn't think the same act guaranteed HBCUs federal money.

I could be wrong.

Funding comes from the Dept of Agriculture.

Congrats, Howard is the correct answer. And I agree with Pop in that how can Howard be the way that it is with all those research accredations and stuff? We at Alcorn could only dream to have that much funding as Howard gets from the US Government...:smh::smh:.

Could this be the fact that they are in D.C. because from what i have been hearing D.C. is the MOST LEGIT. place on earth in terms of policies and policy planning?

Howard gets a check from Congress. $235 million a year..

CHAAAAAA-CHINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! :emlaugh: Yes it does. :) :clap: :bowdown:

And, it doesn't hurt when numerous corps, like mine, have long-running annual endowments as well (ours is 5M$ annum). :tup:

Back