Question for the Real Techies...... AMD or Intel?

udratherbme

SU Spr '99
I am looking into gettin a new system, I want to get almost the best out there so I can sit back and w8 about 3 more years b4 I have this problem again.... however I would like to know what the tech heads think about the chip sets would Pentium D or AMD X2..... P4 or AMD Athalon?

You can get performance that rivals Intel, but the question is if you want the best, what to get?

If I had DEEP POCKETS... I would get intel. I have never had one personally. I have given the nod to AMD... and Cyrix (My first clone in 94)... I like the AMD pricepoint. I am not a power user *I don't do extensive graphics work, or compile code*. I usually can make due with a middle of the road processor.

I am looking to upgrade in a few months.. I will check out the benchmarks then to see what is available.

The latest Windows operating systems have been optimized for both Intel and AMD. In many test, AMD actually benchmarks better than Intel on most software. If I were you, I'd go for price and get the most bang for my buck.

Back