Question For the Jukes

SuaveTiger

I ride for Jacktown
I was talking with a friend about the JUKEBOX yesterday and he told me that Southern's football team has never lost a game when the band performs the score drill at halftime. So my question for you all, is that true?

I'm not a "Juker", but I'll answer the question for you.

The "U" did the score when we played them in 1990, and Jackson state won the game 52-14, at Mumford.

Uh....No!

99 we were getting shallacked by FAM at the half. I wanna say it was 48-10 or sum'n.

Truss, if that were tru.....Doc would've been all over it every week.

The answer is hell double naw. LOL.

I can remember my crab year(84) and we were playing TnState in Nashville at Vanderbilt Stadium and we did the score. The bad part was Tn State scored right before the half while we were lined up ready to go on the field. We were thinking 21-7 would be the score we would make, then those mofos scored with no time left and we had to adjust and put 28-7 on the field. Needless to say that we lost that game and many others we have put the score on the field.

One of the thing the JSU fans used to love in the 80's was when we would put the score on the field in Jackson, because it would be a reminder of how bad JSU was kicking our azz. My Sr year(Fall 83) in HS, SU came to Jackson and put 17-0 on the field at halftime and those JSU fans (me included at that time) went crazy, which was the beginning of a show that led to a straight waxing of the Boom that night(one of the reasons I started my thought process going to SU).

I think everybody gotten used to SU doing ithe score now. Don't get as much house as it used to. Maybe because SU aint on the other end of the scoreboard like we used to be back in the 80's. :D

Point has been made. We got house with the score a number of times, especially on the road. Our fans were extremly tough on us at home in the 80's. But, when we went on the road, we got major house from the visitor fans and the Jaguar Nation. About the only time the stadium was split was when we did the score. Whoever was leading gave it up big time, while the opposite side was quiet.

SU lost a number of times in the 80's. So, no, doing the halftime score didn't mean any rabbit's foot for football team.

PEACE!!!

Back