Question for Juke fans

Ask yo’ folks brah. Y’all always doing some underhanded shat smh.

I'll tell you what "underhanded" is! Underhanded is when a basketball team and its entire gymnasium of home fans come out of the bleachers to jump on (fight) the Southern University Men's basketball team. PV's conduct was so outrageous that year that the basketball game was ordered by the SWAC to be completed on the campus of Southern University. When PV did not show up for the completion of the game at Southern, SU just scored one basket and was crowned the winners. Underhanded is when the home marching band refuses to move to allow the visiting marching band off the field thereby giving rise to an embarrassing band melee on the field. You PV guys should never utter the word: underhanded! Ever!

Last edited:
I'll tell you what "underhanded" is! Underhanded is when a basketball team and its entire gymnasium of home fans come out of the bleachers to jump on (fight) the Southern University Men's basketball team. PV's conduct was so outrageous that year that the basketball game was ordered by the SWAC to be completed on the campus of Southern University. When PV did not show up for the completion of the game at Southern, SU just scored one basket and was crowned the winners. Underhanded is when the home marching band refuses to move to allow the visiting marching band off the field thereby giving rise to an embarrassing band melee on the field. You PV guys should never utter the word: underhanded! Ever!
I struck a nerve eh? I never said PVAMU was a saint. I directly stated that SU took an L AND that y’all be doing underhanded shat, Mr Former SU Registrar Did Underhanded Shat smh. Responding like a wounded jaguar in the jungle would, backed in the corner, w/ no way out... dayam!

Start a PV Underhanded thread over there—-> .

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Generally speaking, I don't think there's an HBCU or a PWC on this planet that haven't done underhanded crap, such as Penn State, North Carolina, etc. etc. Therefore, saying a particular university has done underhanded sh@t goes without saying.

What's funny is when folks from the opposing bands think by having a good battle with SU is a W for them.

Their band trying to match SU intensity is them taking a W. Not being scared when playing against SU means a W Lol

Smh

Honestly and this is from a fan, but alum from SU, I want the opposing band to put up a fight, it's to the point now and has been for a minute, when SU band go into games with them being the only band, It's actually a better scene vs when they enter into games so call battling other bands, Lol, Crap is just utterly ass how the other bands don't even try.

Just getting sad at this point.

If you don't like this point, get mad at your band not me. Crap is utterly ass

Generally speaking, I don't think there's an HBCU or a PWC on this planet that haven't done underhanded crap, such as Penn State, North Carolina, etc. etc. Therefore, saying a particular university has done underhanded sh@t goes without saying.

Man talk to your boy Earle all up in his feelings. smh I don't know if he's BIG MAD or little mad. smh

What's funny is when folks from the opposing bands think by having a good battle with SU is a W for them.

Their band trying to match SU intensity is them taking a W. Not being scared when playing against SU means a W Lol

Smh

Honestly and this is from a fan, but alum from SU, I want the opposing band to put up a fight, it's to the point now and has been for a minute, when SU band go into games with them being the only band, It's actually a better scene vs when they enter into games so call battling other bands, Lol, Crap is just utterly ass how the other bands don't even try.

Just getting sad at this point.

If you don't like this point, get mad at your band not me. Crap is utterly ass
Quit being sked and name those schools you speak of.:snicker:

Nevertheless, we all knew who he meant.

Brian Simmons: southern has never lost...

That’s a lie.....

Alabama A&M 1999 (5th) ..... L
FAMU 2000......L
Texas Southern 2006 (5th)....L
Alabama State 2007 (5th) ..... L
Alabama State 2010 (All game) ...... L
Talladega 2013 (Parade) ........ L
Jackson State (5th) 2013 ....... L
Jackson State crank fest 2017........L
Jackson State halftime 2017...... L
PVAMU 2017 (5th quarter) ......... L

Those are non disputable Ls.... Brian need to let that pride go and know when he has been defeated. Southern folks be so prideful.... this is why the swac band world hate y’all..... and clearly why karma catching up with y’all.

Quit being sked and name those schools you speak of.:snicker:

Any school that face the Jukebox. Crap be a waste of time for them dudes (SU band members)

I'd rather listen to your cadences from most of these bands and that's me trying to find something positive to say

Get mad

Brian Simmons: southern has never lost...

That’s a lie.....

Alabama A&M 1999 (5th) ..... L
FAMU 2000......L
Texas Southern 2006 (5th)....L
Alabama State 2007 (5th) ..... L
Alabama State 2010 (All game) ...... L
Talladega 2013 (Parade) ........ L
Jackson State (5th) 2013 ....... L
Jackson State crank fest 2017........L
Jackson State halftime 2017...... L
PVAMU 2017 (5th quarter) ......... L

Those are non disputable Ls.... Brian need to let that pride go and know when he has been defeated. Southern folks be so prideful.... this is why the swac band world hate y’all..... and clearly why karma catching up with y’all.

Pride? Karma.

I like you honestly though. It looks by your own post that Southern has only taken 3Ls (according to you) from JSU since the earliest date you mentioned in 1999. I’m no math professor, but I’d say The Juke definelty owns JSU!

Pride? Karma.

I like you honestly though. It looks by your own post that Southern has only taken 3Ls (according to you) from JSU since the earliest date you mentioned in 1999. I’m no math professor, but I’d say The Juke definelty owns JSU!
Naw they don't own JSU. I love both bands, can listen to them all day. To say the Juke own JSU is reaching lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well how about I say it nicely! The Juke usually comes out on top over JSU. I understand why they hate us. I would too!

Put it like this j4l11, a person from SU, especially a member or a former member of the Jukebox would have never started a thread like this about another school's band, which speaks volumes about how others see the Human Jukebox. And because of that, others see us as being arrogant. But what they don't understand, it has more to do with Doc. Greggs leadership and teaching than anything else, which is why so many Southernites and non-Southernites see Doc. Greggs as one of the greatest HBCU band directors and mentors of all times. After four years of hearing Doc. Greggs life long lessons and quotes, individuals who marched in the Human Jukebox leave Southern University with so much pride that you would rarely hear any of them say another band outperformed the Human Jukebox, which is why so many admire the legacy that Doc. Greggs left at Southern University. Eventhough Southern University's band and Music Department was good prior to Doc. Greggs becoming the band director in 1969, he had elevated the Human Jukebox to a level where it has now become the measuring stick that other HBCU bands strive to be like. And what others also don't understand, as much as they would like to see the Human Jukebox with less admiration, Doc. Greggs legacy will live a long time into the future inside the Human Jukebox. The problem with a lot of HBCU bands, they rather talk themselves into greatness instead of perform themselves into greatness. Now don't get me wrong, I do believe the Human Jukebox had a natural advantage being that it is the closest HBCU band to New Orleans, where the band and music culture is like no other.

Last edited:
Well how about I say it nicely! The Juke usually comes out on top over JSU. I understand why they hate us. I would too!
Dude, no one hates southern because of it's band. Some of yall do have a tendency to discriminate against your own folks because of the tone of their skin is more than likely why.
Neither Jackson nor Haymer put fear in folks. Doc came close but that was more like respect.

Put it like this j4l11, a person from SU, especially a member or a former member of the Jukebox would have never started a thread like this about another school's band, which speaks volumes about how others see the Human Jukebox. And because of that, others see us as being arrogant. But what they don't understand, it has more to do with Doc. Greggs leadership and teaching than anything else, which is why so many Southernites and non-Southernites see Doc. Greggs as one of greatest HBCU band directors and mentors of all times. After four years of hearing Doc. Greggs life long lessons and quotes, individuals who marched in the Human Jukebox leave Southern University with so much pride that you would rarely hear any of them say another band outperformed the Human Jukebox, which is why so many admire the legacy that Doc. Greggs left at Southern University. Eventhough Southern University's band and Music Department was good prior to Doc. Greggs becoming the band director in 1969, he had elevated the Human Jukebox to a level where it has now become the measuring stick that other HBCU bands strive to be like. And what others also don't understand, as much as they would like to see the Human Jukebox with less admiration, Doc. Greggs legacy will live a long time into the future inside the Human Jukebox. The problem with a lot of HBCU bands, they rather talk themselves into greatness instead of perform themselves into greatness. Now don't get me wrong, I do believe the Human Jukebox had a natural advantage being that it is the closest HBCU band to New Orleans, where the band and music culture is like no other.
of course members wouldn't say it that would be hella dumb. That's why i asked yall

of course members wouldn't say it that would be hella dumb. That's why i asked yall

So you do agree that this thread was created as an attempt to lure former Jukebox members into a debate that most see no need debating. Being that I'm a former Juke (1983 and 1984), it took a lot for me to respond to this thread. Doc. Greggs taught us not to indulge into such conversations, especially when you know you are the best at what you do. One can only assume that Brian Simmons is the new target, now that Nathan Haymer is gone. And Brian is only the Assistant Director of Bands or the Interim Associate Director of Bands.

Here are two quotes Doc. Greggs would repeatedly say to us all the time and he had many.
"Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

Last edited:
What gets me, others are over here creating threads about the Jukebox, but I have yet to see them create a thread about the contract agreement with their school and NASA, which is big to me since they would be the first HBCU with such contractual agreement. But like I told one of those individuals who were always creating threads about Haymer, carry-on.

Jackson State University becomes nation's first HBCU in NASA federal contracts program
https://www.clarionledger.com/story...cu-historic-federal-contracts-deal/667172002/

Put it like this j4l11, a person from SU, especially a member or a former member of the Jukebox would have never started a thread like this about another school's band, which speaks volumes about how others see the Human Jukebox. And because of that, others see us as being arrogant. But what they don't understand, it has more to do with Doc. Greggs leadership and teaching than anything else, which is why so many Southernites and non-Southernites see Doc. Greggs as one of greatest HBCU band directors and mentors of all times. After four years of hearing Doc. Greggs life long lessons and quotes, individuals who marched in the Human Jukebox leave Southern University with so much pride that you would rarely hear any of them say another band outperformed the Human Jukebox, which is why so many admire the legacy that Doc. Greggs left at Southern University. Eventhough Southern University's band and Music Department was good prior to Doc. Greggs becoming the band director in 1969, he had elevated the Human Jukebox to a level where it has now become the measuring stick that other HBCU bands strive to be like. And what others also don't understand, as much as they would like to see the Human Jukebox with less admiration, Doc. Greggs legacy will live a long time into the future inside the Human Jukebox. The problem with a lot of HBCU bands, they rather talk themselves into greatness instead of perform themselves into greatness. Now don't get me wrong, I do believe the Human Jukebox had a natural advantage being that it is the closest HBCU band to New Orleans, where the band and music culture is like no other.

89020240-90A6-4229-B794-A04A0432C3DC.jpeg

I didn't know about that. Is there a statue of limitation on this? Let's kick them busters out of the conference! LOL

So you do agree that this thread was created as an attempt to lure former Jukebox members into a debate that most see no need debating. Being that I'm a former Juke (1983 and 1984), it took a lot for me to respond to this thread. Doc. Greggs taught us not to indulge into such conversations, especially when you know you are the best at what you do. One can only assume that Brian Simmons is the new target, now that Nathan Haymer is gone. And Brian is only the Assistant Director of Bands or the Interim Associate Director of Bands.

Here are two quotes Doc. Greggs would repeatedly say to us all the time and he had many.
"Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
LOL yall need a shot it was a simple question. No one is trying to insult anyone

I was watching the RogerBros live and they had Brian on there just asking him questions. One thing that stood out was when he said he believe the Juke has never lost. I was wondering do you guys believe that as well
Lost the field show....or got blown out in the stands?

Back