Question about workout clothes!!!

delock

BARBERSHOP COO
Well it's sorta of a stupid one.

Since I stepped my cardio up. I sweat like a pig....I have to take extra clothes to change in to do weight.

Now with all these sweaty clothes......2 shirts and shorts per day. What is the best way to store them until wash day? I really dont want to wash more then once a week. I hope i'm not coming off being nasty :lmao:

Dude there is no thing as stupid question.

I was just having a conversation similar to yours with a co-worker regarding spin class. I am having an issue with those damn fans and sweating. I have reached a point to where I have caught a head cold. My co-worker and I were discussing ways that I could stay warm or get the sweat off my body. Those high powered fans and sweating profusely are not mixing well.

I am one that will not do spin class and then hit the weights without changing clothes, that is nasty.

pv_symbiotic said:
Dude there is no thing as stupid question.

I was just having a conversation similar to yours with a co-worker regarding spin class. I am having an issue with those damn fans and sweating. I have reached a point to where I have caught a head cold. My co-worker and I were discussing ways that I could stay warm or get the sweat off my body. Those high powered fans and sweating profusely are not mixing well.

I am one that will not do spin class and then hit the weights without changing clothes, that is nasty.

Dude, you aint never lying about doing cardio and then weights without changing clothes. I sweat like crazy after 60 to 90 minutes on a stair master.

I wear t shirts and shorts....sometime I pull out the nike dri fit that is wet fit after cardio. My body is reaching the point to where it's flowing water out of my system like the Canal Street Levee.....

Funny part I just finish cardio about 45 min ago and I'm still sweating like crazy.

That's not uncommon for you to sweat up to 3 hours after working out. You body is running like crazy to recover from the workout and remember that the movement of your blood cells is creating heat and your body is trying to cool everything down, sweat. Hey it's just part of the game.

I have an underarmour shirt, but the thing is lost somewhere in my closet. I am planning on digging through the closet and finding the shirt.

I don't mind the sweating because I like the way that my legs are blowing up due to the spin class.

I sweat for at least an hour after working out. I just take my wet stuff off and put something dry on. I don't shower until I have stopped sweating.

delock said:
Well it's sorta of a stupid one.

Since I stepped my cardio up. I sweat like a pig....I have to take extra clothes to change in to do weight.

Now with all these sweaty clothes......2 shirts and shorts per day. What is the best way to store them until wash day? I really dont want to wash more then once a week. I hope i'm not coming off being nasty :lmao:

Back to your original question. I hope it is not nasty, because I place my workout clothes in a hamper and I wash them once, sometime twice a week. Except for the biker shorts, I wash those things every night after I finish using them. I then take them outside to air dry.

pv_symbiotic said:
Back to your original question. I hope it is not nasty, because I place my workout clothes in a hamper and I wash them once, sometime twice a week. Except for the biker shorts, I wash those things every night after I finish using them. I then take them outside to air dry.

I put my workout shorts out to air dry then I febreeze them. I only get two wearings out of them.

For now I have enough gym clothes to last me between wash day. I just was wondering were i should store the stuff....better yet how?

Dont need a haz mat team trying to condem my house :lol:

I would let the stuff air out and dry. The stank is gonna be atrocious if you leave them in a hamper for a couple days...

ABE said:
I would let the stuff air out and dry. The stank is gonna be atrocious if you leave them in a hamper for a couple days...

Not to mention that the probability is increased that the clothes will mold/mildew. I've had it happen several times to several shirts/shorts.

I take the wet clothes and let'em dry on the back of one of the pickups lol the next day or hang'em in the garage somewhere so they can drip dry. :)

I feel you on the sweating tip. I sweat like crazy mane. I normally carry 2 extra tee-shirts w/ me to the gym.

Well I found something....a gym hamper that they used for towels. Found on it on Craiglist for 5 dollar.

I just hang my sweaty clothes over the top tonight. I will drop them in the hamper in the morning on the way back to the gym.:splat:

delock said:
Well I found something....a gym hamper that they used for towels. Found on it on Craiglist for 5 dollar.

I just hang my sweaty clothes over the top tonight. I will drop them in the hamper in the morning on the way back to the gym.:splat:

That's what I was talking about in my post waaaaaaay up yonder. If you didn't know what I was talking about, I coulda went and found a picture. :lol:

LOL.....not a basket like pookie girlfriend take to go wash

It's look like this.....

84_1_b.JPG

delock said:
I thought you were talking about this

6259121.JPG

They help a little, but they have open air baskets like the one that you posted in black. It's like fish net. The bottom is solid to hold and absorb.

It appears that the changing of clothes after spinning class are helping me alot. As I stated earlier, I always wash my biking shorts that night, so I throw my sweating clothes in with the shorts.

Next investment, biking shoes. I am told that I will get a better workout with my legs using biking shoes. Do any of you all have a pair. If so can you give me your feedback.

pv_symbiotic said:
It appears that the changing of clothes after spinning class are helping me alot. As I stated earlier, I always wash my biking shorts that night, so I throw my sweating clothes in with the shorts.

Next investment, biking shoes. I am told that I will get a better workout with my legs using biking shoes. Do any of you all have a pair. If so can you give me your feedback.

Clip in shoes will allow you to exercise your legs much better then the current way you are doing. I have a pair of Cairns that I wear when I go off roading. They are also cool for spinning. If you are only using them for spinning I would suggest a cheaper pair. Hit up a local bike shop or try ebay.

nikeshoes.jpg

I have started searching for a pair of shoes. I was told that the shoes run narrow and I wear a 13. This is going to be interesting since largest size that I have found online is a 13.

pv_symbiotic said:
I have started searching for a pair of shoes. I was told that the shoes run narrow and I wear a 13. This is going to be interesting since largest size that I have found online is a 13.

Depends on the shoes.....European shoes do run smaller. That is the main reason I went with the Nike's.

Most European company sell road shoes.

Kewl,

I will shop with the Nike. I had been eyeing a pair of European shoes until I was warned about the smaller size. Now I will shop for NIKE's.

delock said:
Dont need a haz mat team trying to condem my house :lol:

:lol:

I put my clothes in a air flow basket and I stray it with Frebreeze. I get maybe 2 wears out of shirt. Thank goodness I have alot of workout shirts.
I have about 4 pair of workout shorts, a pair of scrubs, and some jogging pants.

Back