PVAMU/SU fans traveling to the game saturday

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
If you are traveling to the game saturday from the Houston area, please be aware of these traffic closures along Hwy 290 and find alternatives.

A Glimpse Ahead

The contractor will place beams for the new SH 6/FM 1960 bridge over the US 290 east- and westbound mainlanes.

• Hot Spot! Total Closure – US 290 eastbound mainlanes at Huffmeister will be closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured to the eastbound frontage road and re-enter the mainlanes after SH 6/FM 1960.
  • Hot Spot! Total ClosureUS 290 westbound mainlanes at SH 6/FM 1960 will be closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured to the westbound frontage road and re-enter the mainlanes after FM 1960.
  • Total ClosureUS 290 eastbound entrance ramp from Telge and eastbound exit ramp to SH 6/FM 1960 will be closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured to the entrance ramp from SH 6/FM 1960 and the exit ramp to Eldridge Parkway.
  • US 290 westbound frontage road from SH 6/FM 1960 exit ramp to SH 6/FM 1960 will have the inside lane closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15.
  • Total ClosureUS 290 eastbound frontage road at SH 6/FM 1960 will be closed continuously from 12 a.m. Sunday, October 14, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured south on SH 6, U-turn at Hempstead to SH 6 northbound frontage road to US 290 eastbound frontage road.
  • Hot Spot! Total ClosureSH 6 northbound under US 290 will be closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured right on the US 290 eastbound frontage road, U-turn at Eldridge to SH 6/FM 1960.
  • Hot Spot! Total ClosureFM 1960 southbound at Wortham Boulevard will be closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured right on Wortham Boulevard, left on Wortham Center Drive, right on US 290 westbound frontage road, U-turn at Huffmeister to US 290 eastbound frontage road to SH 6/FM 1960.

The contractor will change the configuration of the Minimax Access road from right-turn only to through or right-turn.

• Total ClosureMinimax Access road from Hempstead to Minimax Drive will be closed continuously from 7 a.m. Monday, October 8, to 7 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured to the Hempstead Road access to I-610 West Loop northbound.
  • NOTE: Minimax will also be closed during this time. Motorists will be detoured to the I-610 northbound frontage road, right on W. 18th right on Salford to Minimax.
  • I-610 West Loop northbound frontage road from Hempstead to Minimax will have the right lane closed continuously from 7 a.m. Monday, October 8, to 7 a.m. Monday, October 15.

The contractor will continue switching traffic to new westbound frontage road pavement.

• Total ClosureUS 290 westbound frontage road at Fairbanks North Houston will be closed overnight from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, October 8. Motorists will be detoured right on Fairbanks, left on W. Little York to westbound frontage road.
  • Total ClosureUS 290 westbound entrance ramp from W. Tidwell will be closed overnight from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, October 8. Motorists will be detoured to westbound frontage road, right on Fairbanks, left on W. Little York, right on westbound frontage road and enter mainlanes.
  • Total ClosureFairbanks north- and southbound at US 290 will be closed overnight from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, October 8. Motorists will be detoured to the frontage road and U-turn.
  • Total ClosureUS 290 westbound exit to Hollister will be closed continuously from 5 a.m. Monday, October 8, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured to the next exit ramp.

If you are traveling to the game saturday from the Houston area, please be aware of these traffic closures along Hwy 290 and find alternatives.

A Glimpse Ahead

The contractor will place beams for the new SH 6/FM 1960 bridge over the US 290 east- and westbound mainlanes.

• Hot Spot! Total Closure – US 290 eastbound mainlanes at Huffmeister will be closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured to the eastbound frontage road and re-enter the mainlanes after SH 6/FM 1960.
  • Hot Spot! Total ClosureUS 290 westbound mainlanes at SH 6/FM 1960 will be closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured to the westbound frontage road and re-enter the mainlanes after FM 1960.
  • Total ClosureUS 290 eastbound entrance ramp from Telge and eastbound exit ramp to SH 6/FM 1960 will be closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured to the entrance ramp from SH 6/FM 1960 and the exit ramp to Eldridge Parkway.
  • US 290 westbound frontage road from SH 6/FM 1960 exit ramp to SH 6/FM 1960 will have the inside lane closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15.
  • Total ClosureUS 290 eastbound frontage road at SH 6/FM 1960 will be closed continuously from 12 a.m. Sunday, October 14, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured south on SH 6, U-turn at Hempstead to SH 6 northbound frontage road to US 290 eastbound frontage road.
  • Hot Spot! Total ClosureSH 6 northbound under US 290 will be closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured right on the US 290 eastbound frontage road, U-turn at Eldridge to SH 6/FM 1960.
  • Hot Spot! Total ClosureFM 1960 southbound at Wortham Boulevard will be closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday, October 12, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured right on Wortham Boulevard, left on Wortham Center Drive, right on US 290 westbound frontage road, U-turn at Huffmeister to US 290 eastbound frontage road to SH 6/FM 1960.
The contractor will change the configuration of the Minimax Access road from right-turn only to through or right-turn.

• Total ClosureMinimax Access road from Hempstead to Minimax Drive will be closed continuously from 7 a.m. Monday, October 8, to 7 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured to the Hempstead Road access to I-610 West Loop northbound.
  • NOTE: Minimax will also be closed during this time. Motorists will be detoured to the I-610 northbound frontage road, right on W. 18th right on Salford to Minimax.
  • I-610 West Loop northbound frontage road from Hempstead to Minimax will have the right lane closed continuously from 7 a.m. Monday, October 8, to 7 a.m. Monday, October 15.
The contractor will continue switching traffic to new westbound frontage road pavement.

• Total ClosureUS 290 westbound frontage road at Fairbanks North Houston will be closed overnight from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, October 8. Motorists will be detoured right on Fairbanks, left on W. Little York to westbound frontage road.
  • Total ClosureUS 290 westbound entrance ramp from W. Tidwell will be closed overnight from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, October 8. Motorists will be detoured to westbound frontage road, right on Fairbanks, left on W. Little York, right on westbound frontage road and enter mainlanes.
  • Total ClosureFairbanks north- and southbound at US 290 will be closed overnight from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, October 8. Motorists will be detoured to the frontage road and U-turn.
  • Total ClosureUS 290 westbound exit to Hollister will be closed continuously from 5 a.m. Monday, October 8, to 5 a.m. Monday, October 15. Motorists will be detoured to the next exit ramp.
Thanks for the info. What’s the best route to get to Pvu coming from 288 pearland area. Thanks in advance

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
good luck. I'm glad I dont have to deal with Houston's traffic b.s. this time

Dallas->Waco -> College Station->PV for me.

Man forget all that....come I10 west and jump off downtown....BBVA/Tiger Stadium welcomes you.

Last edited:
@Fiyah can someone from BR just catch 105 out of Beaumont then get on Grand Parkway 99 then to 290 at the outlet mall?

That might be a little too out of the way ...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
@Fiyah can someone from BR just catch 105 out of Beaumont then get on Grand Parkway 99 then to 290 at the outlet mall?

That might be a little too out of the way ...

Those were direction coming from Pearland posted above as was asked.

Yes, you can take I10 West to 105 to I69 South to SH99 to 290 West to PV from Baton Rouge

Those were direction coming from Pearland posted above as was asked.

Yes, you can take I10 West to 105 to I69 South to SH99 to 290 West to PV from Baton Rouge

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NAAAAAAWWWWWW MAN!!!!! lol

I think the good folks need to experience what I call... the "Bewild enjoyment ride :D ." IH10 West to Hwy105 West through Beaumont for Conroe. Take IH45 South to FM1488 exit (2 mile drive). Stay on that bad boy (1488 West) until it dead-ends @ PV's front door. Granted, the tx renaissance is occurring so there could be a little traffic in Magnolia @ FM1488/FM1486. No speeding because deer are running rampant on that stretch of 1488 from Magnolia to PV.

No toll tag, take I-10 west make a right in Brookshire, TX, left on 90, quick right on 362. 362 will put you at Hwy 290 by Buc-ee’s. It’s a little longer but it will put you in Prairie View.

You do better by sitting in traffic on 290 than taking 105 from Beaumont.

Hol' up. You're advocating folks not enjoying the sights and sounds of that 105 stretch? That is the most peaceful drive, just avoid the deer and try not to speed too much. I haven't done it in a hot few months lol but the speed limit is 70 through that stretch, if memory serves correct.

Put the routes in mapquest and I'm fairly certain 105 to 1488 is the better scenario.

Back