PVAMU ranks No. 4 in Texas for best value universities, No.1 HBCU

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Prairie View A&M University ranks as the No. 1 “best value” Historically Black College and University (HBCU) in Texas, according to SmartAsset’s latest analysis.

PVAMU also ranked No. 4 among Texas universities, with Rice University, The University of Texas at Austin and The University of Texas at Dallas coming in at No. 1, 2 and 3, respectively. The University of Houston rounded out the top five in Texas.

According to its website, SmartAsset determined the best value colleges and universities in the U.S. across five categories:

• Tuition
  • Student living costs
  • Scholarship and grant offerings
  • Student retention rate
  • Starting salary for new graduates

Prairie View A&M University ranks as the No. 1 “best value” Historically Black College and University (HBCU) in Texas, according to SmartAsset’s latest analysis.

PVAMU also ranked No. 4 among Texas universities, with Rice University, The University of Texas at Austin and The University of Texas at Dallas coming in at No. 1, 2 and 3, respectively. The University of Houston rounded out the top five in Texas.

According to its website, SmartAsset determined the best value colleges and universities in the U.S. across five categories:

• Tuition
  • Student living costs
  • Scholarship and grant offerings
  • Student retention rate
  • Starting salary for new graduates

nice

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
PVAMU ranked best HBCU in Texas by University HQ

PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas (September 22, 2022) – Prairie View A&M University is often recognized as an academic powerhouse by various entities. Today, it has been honored yet again. University Headquarters, the leading independent education organization, ranked PVAMU the best Historically Black College/University in Texas. In addition, the university was ranked No. 8 among the top 50 HBCUs in the country for 2022.

The only vibrant and relevant HBCUs in Texas that are competitive in any substantial way are PV and TSU. The other TX HBCUs are never really mentioned in high regard and suffer from low enrollment b/c they lack so much funding, lack growth, and their leadership don't know how to flip the switch

In my lifetime .... I met no alums of Huston Tillotson, I met 3 alums of Paul Quinn, I met 1 alum of Wiley College. 1 alum of Texas College. Of course I met many alums from PV and TSU. So the other HBCUs don't even have a large or notable presence in Texas.

Last edited:
Back