PVAMU Launches Doctor of Business Administration Degree

Storm96

PVAMU’s College of Business to launch Doctor of Business Administration degree this fall

PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas – Business executives seeking to bolster their analytical and research skills, better leverage big data, or pivot into a career in academia without leaving their day jobs will soon have the opportunity, thanks to a new doctoral program offered at the Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) College of Business (COB).

The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) recently approved PVAMU’s plans to launch a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree program this fall. Final authorization from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) sealed the deal, allowing potential students with significant professional and management experience to continue their employment while pursuing the three-year, weekend-based program.

“This is a true milestone for the College,” said COB Dean of 19 years, Munir Quddus, Ph.D. “PVAMU will be the first public university in Texas accredited with AACSB [Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business] International, the gold standard for business school accreditations, to offer this degree. Among Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), this will be the first and only DBA program.”

Based at PVAMU’s Northwest Houston Center, the DBA program will provide a high-quality educational opportunity to interested and qualified professionals among the nearly 20 million residents living in the Texas Triangle — Houston and the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan areas — which is home to more than 40 Fortune 500 corporate headquarters.

“The program is important because it serves our mission as a land-grant institution – we are enhancing the labor force with this degree,” said Dean Quddus. “The mission of the College of Business is to be known nationally as an institution that empowers students to reach their full potential. The new DBA will help us reach both of these mission-driven goals.”

Congrats PV.

On a serious note, I can't think of why someone would get a PhD in business administration? I don't think it would be worth it in the market

Congrats PV. Jackson State University and Morgan State University currently have Doctor of Business Administration programs.

Hmmm...I guess their dean of the business college got a little carried away with the accolades. Overly excited perhaps.

Last edited:
Congrats PV.

On a serious note, I can't think of why someone would get a PhD in business administration? I don't think it would be worth it in the market
I tend to agree is their really a need? For this.
I wish we would focus on post certification in engineering etc

Back