PVAMU Breaks Enrollment Record

Storm96

More students than ever are attending Prairie View A&M University. This fall, PVAMU reported an overall headcount of 9,516 students (up from 9,125 last fall, 8,762 in the fall of 2016, 8,268 in 2015, and 8,343 in 2014).

PVAMU is also gaining new ground by:
• increasing the percentage of students who return in good academic standing
• reporting an increase in retention rates (students who return to PVAMU for their second year)

This fall, PVAMU’s first-year retention rate stood at 73.7 percent; that’s compared to 2014 when it was at 66.1 percent. University officials say the immediate goal is to reach 80 percent for first-year retention, two points above the statewide retention rate (or the percentage of students who return to college at the same institution for their second year).

https://www.pvamu.edu/blog/enrollme...9rNeGB6wPrmzsv0VocwXAddx7k6lzMWXCpKlVhwFgwEzM

We wait until the last day of official drop is evident. Our system notes how some schools will fudge their incoming #s at the beginning w/out regard to retention in the first semester (quarter). So, some may have 2-3K incoming on day one and they report those #s lol and by mid-semester, only 1700 or so actually satisfy the criteria considered as a "full-time" student lol.

I joined a PVAMU alumni group on facebook just to be nosey and I see there's a housing crisis at PV. That's one thing great about TSU, we never had a housing crisis to the magnitude PV is.

A cap is needed! I been saying they needed one.

Back