PV prez.., out Scholarships In !!!

Quietstorm

memba2change4thabetta
PRAIRIE VIEW TO DOUBLE FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIPS

According to a radio interview with Houston?s 1430 KCOH, Prairie View A&M University Athletic Director Charles McClelland has announced that Interim President Willie Tempton has tentatively approved to double the football athletic scholarship allotment at Prairie View beginning in 2003. McClelland said the amount of scholarships will increase anywhere from 40 to 50. In addition, the scholarship allotment will apply to several other sports.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
you forgot about the new baseball coach, let me be the second to say Prairie View A&M University Athletic Director Charles McClelland has reported that the campus has come to terms with Houston?s Forest Brook high school baseball coach Michael Robertson. Robertson will replace the legendary John Tankersley on Aug. 15.

Robertson comes to Prairie View less than two months removed from the state baseball tournament. Robertson is credited as being the first coach to lead a predominately African-American team into the Texas State baseball tournament.

That same coach sent a big 1b to SU. The kid might come home now. We will have scholarships also. That's why the announcement was late.

It's over....

Originally posted by Blu Panther

That same coach sent a big 1b to SU. The kid might come home now. It's over....

Puke Voo has never won a baseball title, ever.
:D :lmao: :D

you forgot about the new baseball coach, let me be the second to say Prairie View A&M University Athletic Director Charles McClelland has reported that the campus has come to terms with Houston?s Forest Brook high school baseball coach Michael Robertson. Robertson will replace the legendary John Tankersley on Aug. 15.

Robertson comes to Prairie View less than two months removed from the state baseball tournament. Robertson is credited as being the first coach to lead a predominately African-American team into the Texas State baseball tournament.

That same coach sent a big 1b to SU. The kid might come home now. We will have scholarships also. That's why the announcement was late.

It's over....

Nah bruh. Coach Cador has won against better coaches than this guy from Forest Brook. Coach Braddy at JSU was a hellified coach and Cador still won SWAC titles, so I am glad you guys get a decent coach and some more scholarships, but it will take a while before he can compete with Cador. And unless that 1B kid gets homesick, he will be better off playing at SU. The scouts know our program and also he will be on a winning team for sure. I mean what kid would not want to play with Weeks and Company next year. But anyway congrats to PV for FINALLY making some changes. I welcome the competition.

It's over....
yep, it is, SU is going to win again, ain't nothing changing, it just might be a little close, and we know how PV feels about being close, just look at thier attitude about the football game last year.

Lewis, I see you got football-itis, what happened in men's basketball? We had no resources and kicked you all out the tournament.

Track teams better start watching their backs also. We can start to field bigger teams and maybe we can get a track meet championship in Houston so we can stack the meets.

JR, Cador won because he had Houston in his backdoor, take away Marcus Chandler, Torrik Harrison, that hispancic kid from davis HS and several others, SU would not been as successful. The scouts will come wherever a decent player is at. I give Robertson a year t get everryhitng in place and it will be over after that.

Too much talent in Houston. I feel sorry for TSU and old man Robinson.

JR, Cador won because he had Houston in his backdoor, take away Marcus Chandler, Torrik Harrison, that hispancic kid from davis HS and several others, ...

...and the bat boy, water boy, score keeper, peanut vender, ticket taker, etc....:smh: :whine: :whatever: :retard:

JR, Cador won because he had Houston in his backdoor, take away Marcus Chandler, Torrik Harrison, that hispancic kid from davis HS and several others, SU would not been as successful. The scouts will come wherever a decent player is at. I give Robertson a year t get everryhitng in place and it will be over after that.

Too much talent in Houston. I feel sorry for TSU and old man Robinson. [/B]

Houston definitely does have great baseball talent (I am one of them) but, I don't think you can pin all of SU's baseball success on the Houston area. There wasn't a single Houston area player in the starting lineup or in the 4 man weekend rotation. Marcus Chandler, Torik Harrison and Trammel Moore along with others have done a great job at SU, but it took a lot more that just the Houston area to put together this juggernaut. Robertson is a great coach, I've watched him first hand from the other dugout but it takes a while to build a powerhouse.:(

When they were on campus they helped SU out a lot. SU did not start hitting it big until Houston played a major role.

If Robertson can build a program in North Forest (property strapped district) and take a team to state he should not have a hard time at PV.

2003 will be a transition season due to his late arrival but 2004, watch out. I predict he will do a Ronnie Courtney and have some players perform well and hold the program over until his players get in.

Odd enough, hitting was never a problem. Pitching was. His top 2 pitchers from Forest Brook were juniors. I assume we'll get at least one next year.

I saw him in Hunstville a track meet and told him our coach was retiring. He said he would shoot his resume to PV and next thing you know he is a coach 3 months later.

with all the Houston talent and surrounding areas I expect us to compete against SU eventually. The SWAC West is very weak.

Originally posted by ALLEN7628

Houston definitely does have great baseball talent (I am one of them) but, I don't think you can pin all of SU's baseball success on the Houston area. There wasn't a single Houston area player in the starting lineup or in the 4 man weekend rotation. Marcus Chandler, Torik Harrison and Trammel Moore along with others have done a great job at SU, but it took a lot more that just the Houston area to put together this juggernaut. Robertson is a great coach, I've watched him first hand from the other dugout but it takes a while to build a powerhouse.:(

Out of curiosity, is this the sam Trammel Moore that attended Westbury (I think that was it.)???

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by s phi s

Out of curiosity, is this the sam Trammel Moore that attended Westbury (I think that was it.)???

Yep, you're right.

Torik Harrison's father attended PV, sad to say. I asked him why didn't his son come here and he said the former football coach did not want him to play 2 sports. He has a sister at TSU also.

Back