Problem with my arms

Mike

Ace Dawg! RQQ!!!!
One of my arms is developing faster than the other. I have tried to do more reps on it, but it won't catch up with the other one. It's developing, but slower. I know someone is gonna say you need to stop beatin' off with the better developed arm, but that's another issue. :lol:

Anyway, do any of you have a suggestion as to what I can do to remedy this problem?

One of my arms is developing faster than the other. I have tried to do more reps on it, but it won't catch up with the other one. It's developing, but slower. I know someone is gonna say you need to stop beatin' off with the better developed arm, but that's another issue. :lol:

Anyway, do any of you have a suggestion as to what I can do to remedy this problem?

First off, my bad...man i been running like crazy. We can hook up next week.

Now, one side of your body will be stronger then the other. If you right handed then your right side will be bigger then your left.

Do more isolation work out (barbells). Since you just starting it will take awhile.

First off, my bad...man i been running like crazy. We can hook up next week.

Now, one side of your body will be stronger then the other. If you right handed then your right side will be bigger then your left.

Do more isolation work out (barbells). Since you just starting it will take awhile.

Thanks D! Call me and give me the schedule. I'm not going to let anything get in my way of making it to work out.

Stop doing icolation with your arms.

Work more on machines where you have to use both arms or a barbell. Dont use Dumbbells any more.

What size are your arms?

Stop doing icolation with your arms.

Work more on machines where you have to use both arms or a barbell. Dont use Dumbbells any more.

What size are your arms?

Fool are you crazy? When you use a machine using both arm you will use more of one are then the other.

Isolation Sir, is working a particular area............ie left arm then right arm.

Disregard the fool...............

Fool are you crazy? When you use a machine using both arm you will use more of one are then the other.

Isolation Sir, is working a particular area............ie left arm then right arm.

Disregard the fool...............

Fool???

Alright, match your arms to mine and we will see who the FOOL is?
I garenFugginTEE you will be the Fool.

Fool......I said disregard the fool

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Isolate the Muscle Being Worked[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Isolation of the muscle being worked makes you focus and "zone in" on the targeted muscle. This helps to define the goal of the weight training exercise, and it leads to better results.

The Isolation principle means to isolate only one targeted muscle group at a time, and consciously leave the other muscle groups out of the exercise.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The tough part of this principle is to position the exercise to minimize other muscle groups from assisting the targeted muscle.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Other muscle groups try to step in and help as the targeted muscle becomes fatigued, especially at the end of a set. If you allow other muscles to assist, the impact of training is decreased. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is the most difficult aspect of weight training technique. You should focus on not allowing other muscles to assist when the targeted muscle gets tired.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Correct Positioning Isolates Muscles
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Countless times I have talked with individuals, even serious bodybuilders and professional athletes, who cannot seem to build their biceps. This is an easy fix.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Invariably, bicep curls were being performed with the wrists bent "in" toward the body - rather than straight. Bending the wrists toward the body positions the forearms to do much of the work, rather than the biceps.

The Isolation principle means that you should slightly bend the wrist backwards during curls (away from the body) as shown below. This prevents the forearms from assisting, thereby isolating the biceps to do the work. And the biceps receive the full benefit of the exercise.

The following photos show the incorrect and correct wrist positions to isolate your biceps.
[/FONT]​

10.1bicepsincorrect.jpg

Incorrect - wrist bent in.
Bicep not isolated,
forearm is doing too
much of the work.

10.2bicepscorrect.jpg

Correct - the wrist is slightly bent back, or away from the body. The isolation is on the bicep, and not the forearm.

Do you understand now? Or do you want to contiune on the path that you are wrong today?

Fool???

Alright, match your arms to mine and we will see who the FOOL is?
I garenFugginTEE you will be the Fool.

Aye Sonny!

Delock is a big dude......

**Grabz Nutz**

Anyway, thanks D! I started doing that yesterday and I'll let you know what the results are. Well, you probably already know what they will be.

Aye Sonny!

Delock is a big dude......

**Grabz Nutz**

Anyway, thanks D! I started doing that yesterday and I'll let you know what the results are. Well, you probably already know what they will be.

I dont care if he big, He aint pushing what IM PUSHING!!!!

SEE ME IN THE GYM AND WE CAN MAN UP!!!!!

When I said Isolating I ment dont just do one arm at a time. Do an excersize where both arms have to work together. That way one arm can not do as much as the other and the they can "meet up" at the same place eventually.

When I said Isolating I ment dont just do one arm at a time. Do an excersize where both arms have to work together. That way one arm can not do as much as the other and the they can "meet up" at the same place eventually.

The problem is that one arm is bigger than the other and I was doing what you are saying. Working both at the same time. I will be studying my lifts to see if what I'm doing is in that picture that Delock put up.

Thanks for the info though. It's not going unappreciated.

Sorry but I gotta go with Delock on this one. Everything I've always read and understood resembled what he said to help your problem Mike. It was always caused by what Sonny said. Now what Sonny is saying to do now takes a focused person to do. I think he is saying, for instance, using a BP, when you work out unevenly stack the weight, so that you have more on your weaker side, therefore it has to work harder because it is pushing more weight. But if just pushing up an even amount, the stronger side should do the most work to counterbalance.

Also like Delock said, check ya form too, make sure the muscle you're targeting is the one doing the most work. For instance, your bicep may be what you want, but your tri and forearm may be doing the most work. Also if its a bigger upper arm look that you're trying to achieve, concentrate on the tricep, it makes your arm look bigger.

Hope I made sense here bruh.

WOW....let me ask what are you pushing Sonny? Fat women? GTFO

This is not about how much you can push it's all about skill.

One arm bigger than the other? Use DUMBELLS and stop using barbells. Be careful to do the same reps on each arm and watch your form. It is easy to cheat using your shoulder, but make sure your form is correct. I am suspecting you are assymetrical in other areas too. Believe me I had to cut back on bar exercises because my right side was straining because my shoulder was over developed on that side.

Try Concentration curls, Hammer Curls.. Alternating Curls, and one arm Preacher Curls. If you are still worrying about size, end with a round of 21's at a low weight. (control is key)...

LOL @ who is bigger. That mess doesn't amount to squat in my book. I see lil guys push weight much more efficiently than big guys. It is all about doing what is good for YOU.

Enjoy the tips/results obtained...

Fool......I said disregard the fool

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Isolate the Muscle Being Worked[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Isolation of the muscle being worked makes you focus and "zone in" on the targeted muscle. This helps to define the goal of the weight training exercise, and it leads to better results.

The Isolation principle means to isolate only one targeted muscle group at a time, and consciously leave the other muscle groups out of the exercise.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The tough part of this principle is to position the exercise to minimize other muscle groups from assisting the targeted muscle.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Other muscle groups try to step in and help as the targeted muscle becomes fatigued, especially at the end of a set. If you allow other muscles to assist, the impact of training is decreased. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is the most difficult aspect of weight training technique. You should focus on not allowing other muscles to assist when the targeted muscle gets tired.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Correct Positioning Isolates Muscles
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Countless times I have talked with individuals, even serious bodybuilders and professional athletes, who cannot seem to build their biceps. This is an easy fix.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Invariably, bicep curls were being performed with the wrists bent "in" toward the body - rather than straight. Bending the wrists toward the body positions the forearms to do much of the work, rather than the biceps.

The Isolation principle means that you should slightly bend the wrist backwards during curls (away from the body) as shown below. This prevents the forearms from assisting, thereby isolating the biceps to do the work. And the biceps receive the full benefit of the exercise.

The following photos show the incorrect and correct wrist positions to isolate your biceps.
[/FONT]​

10.1bicepsincorrect.jpg

Incorrect - wrist bent in.
Bicep not isolated,
forearm is doing too
much of the work.

10.2bicepscorrect.jpg

Correct - the wrist is slightly bent back, or away from the body. The isolation is on the bicep, and not the forearm.

Do you understand now? Or do you want to contiune on the path that you are wrong today?

Thanks for pointing that out...Now time to get like Ronnie Coleman...

One arm bigger than the other? Use DUMBELLS and stop using barbells. Be careful to do the same reps on each arm and watch your form. It is easy to cheat using your shoulder, but make sure your form is correct. I am suspecting you are assymetrical in other areas too. Believe me I had to cut back on bar exercises because my right side was straining because my shoulder was over developed on that side.

Try Concentration curls, Hammer Curls.. Alternating Curls, and one arm Preacher Curls. If you are still worrying about size, end with a round of 21's at a low weight. (control is key)...

LOL @ who is bigger. That mess doesn't amount to squat in my book. see Ilil guys push weight much more efficiently than big guys. It is all about doing what is good for YOU.

Enjoy the tips/results obtained...

That is so true...

my bad hit the wrong keys.

That's 385lbs, 2 reps 1 negative.

3 Donuts and 2 - 35's on the side.

I aint pushing no ho* weight over herre. :D

Niggum you hit the right keys the first time......

now how many is a rep?

Niggum you hit the right keys the first time......

now how many is a rep?

A rep is 1, A set is a group of reps. duhhhhhh.

Naw Im pushing them bigboy weights. My goal is to hit 405 (8-45's by January 07).

I injured my wrist in March hitting 365 righ after a 385 bench. I was out of the gym (weights except for cardio and legs) for 10 weeks. It was like slow death not being able to hit the weights. Now I wear 2 wrist protectors when I lift anything over 255lbs on the bench.

My goal is to get my back WIDER and my calves bigger. So Im doing alot of solo exercises (calve raises on the squat machine, inverted, outer, and straight). Im doing like 5 extra pullup exercises inbetween my BACK excersizes on Back days. Im trying to be a BEAST before the Summer of 2007.

Back