Prey on Hulu

Thought it was a pretty decent movie. Didn't like the ending at all. I understand that this Predator might be young and on his first solo hunting experience, but for him to die that way was just weak. Might have to do some digging, but I wonder what happened to the Tribe based on that animated sequence towards the ending credits.

This is the Predator prequel set in the 1700s with a primarily Native American cast.

And, IMO, its the best movie in the Predator franchise.

I don't think it was the best out of all the movie franchises.

Thought it was a pretty decent movie. Didn't like the ending at all. I understand that this Predator might be young and on his first solo hunting experience, but for him to die that way was just weak. Might have to do some digging, but I wonder what happened to the Tribe based on that animated sequence towards the ending credits.

It was pretty decent movie but you could tell this predator was young and learning. Seems it like to save other animals (people) from getting hurt by anything larger than them. Like it saved the rabbit from the snake and the indian girl from the bear. You would have thought after she figured out it couldn't see her after taking the plants, she would have went back to the tribe to explain it (or tell her brother) and came back with help to go after it. She did figure out about it's helmet and used it against him to injure him and kill it in the end.

It was pretty decent movie but you could tell this predator was young and learning. Seems it like to save other animals (people) from getting hurt by anything larger than them. Like it saved the rabbit from the snake and the indian girl from the bear. You would have thought after she figured out it couldn't see her after taking the plants, she would have went back to the tribe to explain it (or tell her brother) and came back with help to go after it. She did figure out about it's helmet and used it against him to injure him and kill it in the end.

The Predator from Prey was a young, inexperienced one. More experienced Predators woulda made quick work of everyone without taking the damage.

And Naru’s brother was giving Predator the business

It doesn't really care about saving the animals. This was the Predators first time on earth so he spent time studying how the different species operate in order to find a worthy opponent. It viewed the rabbit and the girl as "weak" because they didn't stand a chance against the snake or bear. That's also why the Predator matched the fighting style of each animal/person it went up against.

It doesn't really care about saving the animals. This was the Predators first time on earth so he spent time studying how the different species operate in order to find a worthy opponent. It viewed the rabbit and the girl as "weak" because they didn't stand a chance against the snake or bear. That's also why the Predator matched the fighting style of each animal/person it went up against.

That's what we know now. I was thinking about Cowboys vs Aliens may have been around that time but that was in 1873.

May have been their first in North America but not earth. The predators used humans to serve as incubators for the aliens, who they would hunt once they freed themselves from their host. I think that was in the Alien v. Predator movie with Sanaa Lathan.

If I'm not mistaken this was the Predators first time on Earth. From what I remember is that they search planets for equal warriors. When they showed him fighting a bear.... I was like DAMN!!!

May have been their first in North America but not earth. The predators used humans to serve as incubators for the aliens, who they would hunt once they freed themselves from their host. I think that was in the Alien v. Predator movie with Sanaa Lathan.
The writers said they don't treat Alien v. Predator as canon to the Predator franchise.

I think the older Predator movies gave us glimpses to what happened in that post-credits scene

The same gunmaker that made the gun Danny Glover got in P2 made the gun Naru shot the Predator with. So the graphic novel of a Predator fighting pirates in the Caribbean and getting the gun from P2 looks like it's canon to the Predator franchise.

One theory is that the other Predators gave Naru her props for killing a Predator like Danny Glover in P2, but started coming back to Earth to hunt more frequently with the idea that humans are worthy of hunting.

There's a theory that Billy from OG Predator is a descendant of Naru's tribe and heard the oral history passed down. He "kinda" knew what was out there.

I perked up when Naru's brother told her "If it bleeds, we can kill it" like Dutch said in OG Predator.

How Naru killed the Predator was similar to how Dutch killed the Predator in OG Predator.

Back