Preacher Fired After Pregnant Mistress Shows up at Church

I'd be lying if I said I was surprised. Something similar happened at the first pentecostal church we went to. The only difference was he had about 3 of em in the congregation and none of em ever talked. Someone busted him out but he still preached there until he died if I remember right.

Welcome to Earth where men and women fall to the lust of sex every minute, hour and second of the day.
But some of us believe that as long as you go to church on Sunday and "repent" then you're good. Those same folks look down on all of the others that are basically doing the exact same shit they're doing. That... is one of the very beginning points of my issue with the church. I could recite the Bible backwards and forwards because that was literally all I was allowed to do up until high school. The way they used to talk down on non church folk, many of which were people I was cool with, used to just send me a different kinda way.

It was like you don't even know those people but because their daughter had a baby at 17 they're trash. But, your daughter was getting trains run on her before she even hit 15... so much so that you and your husband had to nail her bedroom windows shut to keep her from sneaking out and smashing. But, you have a leadership role in the church so that allows you to look down on everyone else.

I was born in it, had no options other than it for nearly half my life lol. This is why when it seems like I have a beef against the church, it's because I do. Like when the pastor passed away, that had three big ass churches in 3 different cities. That also had at least 3 services on Sunday in multiple locations, as well as multiple throughout the week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday... they were literally shocked when they found out this dude had a 7 figure bank account. The young folks are like HOW???? He had church in front of hundreds of people multiple times a day where people were cashing out.

I saw it early on and it was so blatant to me that I opted to get a job just to get freedom as a 14 year old lol. A lot of people talk about how wild Jehovah's Witnesses are and that it's a cult. The Pentecostal black churches in the south are NOT much different at all. Maybe worse.

Back