Praire View Cheerleader on Real Sports

buckwheat

I was watching Real Sports last night and they were talking about how cheerleading is a dangerous sport. They showed two females that had been hurt cheerleading. They showed the young lady from PV that had been paralized. The school would not give her any money because the practice was not supervised according to the schools rules and regulation. Her mom has to help her do pretty-much everything. You would think that the school would try to do more for her.

buckwheat1911 said:
I was watching Real Sports last night and they were talking about how cheerleading is a dangerous sport. They showed two females that had been hurt cheerleading. They showed the young lady from PV that had been paralized. The school would not give here any money because the practice was not supervised according to the schools rules and regulation. He mom has to help her do pre-much everything. You would think that the school would try to do more for her.
They won't this is almost like the A&M bonfire incident where the school said it didn't sanction it so they are not liable. But the thing had been going on for years and the powers that be partook of the festivities. I think its sad in both cases.

buckwheat1911 said:
I was watching Real Sports last night and they were talking about how cheerleading is a dangerous sport. They showed two females that had been hurt cheerleading. They showed the young lady from PV that had been paralized. The school would not give her any money because the practice was not supervised according to the schools rules and regulation. Her mom has to help her do pretty-much everything. You would think that the school would try to do more for her.
It's PV what do you expect.

Please watch the interview again.

It is not the school that is in charge of the money that she should be owed.

It is the insurance policy. The insurer has determined since it was not a sanctioned practice and a sponsor was not around, the insurance payment did not apply. It is sad. But she must still have love for the school because she is still going to classes.

If you are in a car accident can you tell your insurer what to do???? Understand business...

However I do agree it is sad and it would be interesting to know if PV is trying to do something. They do have some type of responsibility although not formally.

KCPVPanther

Back