Potential spoilers in FCS conference races

No excuses facts. The best QB on the team never touched the field. Spady's nephew threw a pick six on the first play of the game and we were still in the game.
i
Alabama A&M Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
Dylan Smith 8/19 105 5.5 0 0
Damion May 3/13 20 1.5 0 1
TEAM 11/32 125 3.9 0 1
How are you going to say no excuses but followup with an excuse on the next sentence ? We were without our OC and didn't make any excuses.

I hate to do this but, I have Bama State going 0-6 worse case scenario and 1-5 best case. The only hope Bama State has is a win over Skegee in the first 6 games (unless someone changed the schedule and didn't convey it to the general public).

9/1/18 Tuskegee Montgomery, AL 5:00 PM
9/8/18 Auburn Auburn, AL TBA
9/15/18 Kennesaw St. Kennesaw, GA TBA
9/22/18 Grambling State Grambling, LA 6:00 PM
10/6/18 Alcorn State Lorman, MS TBA
10/13/18 South Alabama Mobile, AL TBA
We'll be 3-3 at worst.

Skegee, Kennesaw and Alcorn are games we definitely have a good chance at winning. Jenkins offense was terrible against all three last season. Definitely doubt we struggle on offense like that this upcoming season.

Skegee, Kennesaw and Alcorn are games we definitely have a good chance at winning. Jenkins offense was terrible against all three last season. Definitely doubt we struggle on offense like that this upcoming season.

I watched some of the spring game...

Defense will keep you in games but if the offense doesn't come around primarily QB play; y'all will be staring 0-6 square in the face...

Last edited:
I watched some of the spring game...

Defense will keep you in games but if the offense doesn't come around primarily QB play; y'all will be staring 0-6 square in the face...
True. QB play definitely has gotten better. 3 of the QB's from last season are playing different positions this upcoming season.

Kennesaw State is a legit top 10 FCS team. Their triple option is beastly.

Yes, And Donald Trump is the best president that this planet has ever seen....A scholar, gentleman, humanitarian and a unifying sage LOL
If you are going by last season to predict how we will do then you are in for a disappointment

If you are going by last season to predict how we will do then you are in for a disappointment

I wouldn't be disappointed because I want all SWAC team to do well (except when they play my Jags). However, I deal in reality. Until Bama State proves me wrong.....to me they are just, well, Bama State LOL....Winner of two SWAC Football Championships in 45 years and perennial losers to Tuskegee Institute....eerhh I mean Tuskegee University...LOL (I know that's some rough stuff but it's true)

I wouldn't be disappointed because I want all SWAC team to do well (except when they play my Jags). However, I deal in reality. Until Bama State proves me wrong.....to me they are just, well, Bama State LOL....Winner of two SWAC Football Championships in 45 years and perennial losers to Tuskegee Institute....eerhh I mean Tuskegee University...LOL (I know that's some rough stuff but it's true)
Well I wonder who we beat to get one of those SWAC titles. If anything, you should be more worried about your Jags getting over the hump and beating Grambling this upcoming season

I hate to do this but, I have Bama State going 0-6 worse case scenario and 1-5 best case. The only hope Bama State has is a win over Skegee in the first 6 games (unless someone changed the schedule and didn't convey it to the general public).

9/1/18 Tuskegee Montgomery, AL 5:00 PM
9/8/18 Auburn Auburn, AL TBA
9/15/18 Kennesaw St. Kennesaw, GA TBA
9/22/18 Grambling State Grambling, LA 6:00 PM
10/6/18 Alcorn State Lorman, MS TBA
10/13/18 South Alabama Mobile, AL TBA

They might beat Alcorn. Those people are currently clueless right now and lost a ton of talent.

Question: Do AAMU fans/alums/supporters think Maynor can win at AAMU when he couldn't win at Hampton? If so, why?

Dude Kennesaw gonna drag y'all.

Dude Kennesaw gonna drag y'all.
That's an opinion but we already know what's going to happen when your boys come to Montgomery. None of the current football players at JSU have ever experienced a win against Bama State. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

LOL...The back end is soft this year too. A 5-2 conference record would have us in the thick of things. The Skegee, Alcorn and Grambling games are winnable. Even in our down years, those games have been close and competitive.
The defense brought their lunch and went to work last season but had no help from the offense. If...If the offense can help out they can indeed compete and win any of the games against non-fbs teams. I also think they can compete with south alabama as the hornets were actually competitive against troy last season.
I will say this...they are recruiting south carolina like nobody's business. they have offered about a dozen kids from the upstate. None of the fcs programs here can compete regarding facilities. I've also heard at least one coach who stopped through jackson state and said he loved it & is open to jsu being in the building. Told him the tigers were getting rid of memorial at some point. he didn't like that though. better make that new stadium nice when it happens.

Reactions: J C
The defense brought their lunch and went to work last season but had no help from the offense. If...If the offense can help out they can indeed compete and win any of the games against non-fbs teams. I also think they can compete with south alabama as the hornets were actually competitive against troy last season.
I will say this...they are recruiting south carolina like nobody's business. they have offered about a dozen kids from the upstate. None of the fcs programs here can compete regarding facilities. I've also heard at least one coach who stopped through jackson state and said he loved it & is open to jsu being in the building. Told him the tigers were getting rid of memorial at some point. he didn't like that though. better make that new stadium nice when it happens.

The staff has made over 100 offers this spring and has been out all over the state and recruiting areas from PA to TX.

Back