Potential spoilers in FCS conference races

Bama State???

2aCX.gif

Maynor ain't losing to Bama st that's an L for sure lmao

Are you sure? We’re more concerned about our first four games against last year’s conference champs than about the remaining games on our schedule. I predict we will go 2 and 2 in those early matchups.

Are you sure? We’re more concerned about our first four games against last year’s conference champs than about the remaining games on our schedule. I predict we will go 2 and 2 in those early matchups.

positive...Eley wont be there long either after y'all get tired of him.

positive...Eley wont be there long either after y'all get tired of him.

He has at least 2 years to prove he can do the job. Remember, the victory in the MCC was one of the reasons he got the job. I’m hearing the Bulldogs lack depth and speed and are 2 years away from being competitive.

He has at least 2 years to prove he can do the job. Remember, the victory in the MCC was one of the reasons he got the job. I’m hearing the Bulldogs lack depth and speed and are 2 years away from being competitive.

I hope y'all don't push him out before that 2 years up. I highly doubt Eley beating Maynor in a Classic..I just don't see it

I hate to do this but, I have Bama State going 0-6 worse case scenario and 1-5 best case. The only hope Bama State has is a win over Skegee in the first 6 games (unless someone changed the schedule and didn't convey it to the general public).

9/1/18 Tuskegee Montgomery, AL 5:00 PM
9/8/18 Auburn Auburn, AL TBA
9/15/18 Kennesaw St. Kennesaw, GA TBA
9/22/18 Grambling State Grambling, LA 6:00 PM
10/6/18 Alcorn State Lorman, MS TBA
10/13/18 South Alabama Mobile, AL TBA

I hate to do this but, I have Bama State going 0-6 worse case scenario and 1-5 best case. The only hope Bama State has is a win over Skegee in the first 6 games (unless someone changed the schedule and didn't convey it to the general public).

9/1/18 Tuskegee Montgomery, AL 5:00 PM
9/8/18 Auburn Auburn, AL TBA
9/15/18 Kennesaw St. Kennesaw, GA TBA
9/22/18 Grambling State Grambling, LA 6:00 PM
10/6/18 Alcorn State Lorman, MS TBA
10/13/18 South Alabama Mobile, AL TBA

We will revisit this thread in the fall. The Alcorn game will probably decide the East Championship. I can tell you that the talent level is the best I’ve seen in a long time. Whether Eley and staff can get them to play up to their potential is the mystery. We have depth and more overall team speed than in the past. Eley proved last year that he can design our attack around what he has to work with. Albribe’s defense lead the conference last year while our offense was at the bottom. Even though Orlando has return, Eley has went out and hired a new offensive staff with TJ working with the QBs. We’ll be running a more wide open attack with better playmakers at key positions.

I told one of my partner (an ASU alum) to look for 0 and 6 and he claimed if the new coach looses to Tuskegee he will be ready to lead the charge for his dismissal as soon as MCC is over. He thinks losing to Skegee will mean the team is bad enough to lose to AAMU automatically.

I told one of my partner (an ASU alum) to look for 0 and 6 and he claimed if the new coach looses to Tuskegee he will be ready to lead the charge for his dismissal as soon as MCC is over. He thinks losing to Skegee will mean the team is bad enough to lose to AAMU automatically.

Eley will get his 2 years! Fans and alums talk trash but won’t contribute to buying out a coach’s contract. ASU does not have the money to fire a coach and pay him. Last year, Jenkins only had two months left on his contract when he was dismissed. We would have beaten Skegee and Kennsaw last year if Jenkins had not changed the offense after Orlando’s illness.

We will revisit this thread in the fall. The Alcorn game will probably decide the East Championship. I can tell you that the talent level is the best I’ve seen in a long time. Whether Eley and staff can get them to play up to their potential is the mystery. We have depth and more overall team speed than in the past. Eley proved last year that he can design our attack around what he has to work with. Albribe’s defense lead the conference last year while our offense was at the bottom. Even though Orlando has return, Eley has went out and hired a new offensive staff with TJ working with the QBs. We’ll be running a more wide open attack with better playmakers at key positions.

I'll believe it when I see it. Those are 6 strong teams. What I can tell you is after those 1st 3 games, attrition can very well be a factor. Then to add insult to injury you all are going to the Hole and then the Reservation. No way Bama State come out of the two games with victories. That schedule is set up real bad. I hope you're not projecting what you all will do this year based on the back end of the 2017 schedule because that was extremely soft programs with the exception of Grambling who you loss to. I will say that you all do have good offensive coaching in place for the 2018 if the HC let them do their jobs. I would like to see you all beat Skegee and Kennesaw State on the road and we especially need the latter for the conference. If you all somehow can come out of the 1st three games 2-1 it would certainly be a coup for Bama State and the conference.

I'll believe it when I see it. Those are 6 strong teams. What I can tell you is after those 1st 3 games, attrition can very well be a factor. Then to add insult to injury you all are going to the Hole and then the Reservation. No way Bama State come out of the two games with victories. That schedule is set up real bad. I hope you're not projecting what you all will do this year based on the back end of the 2017 schedule because that was extremely soft programs with the exception of Grambling who you loss to. I will say that you all do have good offensive coaching in place for the 2018 if the HC let them do their jobs. I would like to see you all beat Skegee and Kennesaw State on the road and we especially need the latter for the conference. If you all somehow can come out of the 1st three games 2-1 it would certainly be a coup for Bama State and the conference.

LOL...The back end is soft this year too. A 5-2 conference record would have us in the thick of things. The Skegee, Alcorn and Grambling games are winnable. Even in our down years, those games have been close and competitive.

LOL...The back end is soft this year too. A 5-2 conference record would have us in the thick of things. The Skegee, Alcorn and Grambling games are winnable. Even in our down years, those games have been close and competitive.

I guess it is always good to dream.....LOL

Maynor can't use D2 washouts at AAMU. It's not like he's going to come in and dominate.

where did I say he was going to come in and dominate? ..I said Maynor ain't losing to Eley and he will lose his job with no contract renewal because of it..a 2 yr contract?no faith

where did I say he was going to come in and dominate? ..I said Maynor ain't losing to Eley and he will lose his job with no contract renewal because of it..a 2 yr contract?no faith
The only reason bama st won the MCC last year was nepotism

Yea when you all played us in Shreveport at 5 your starters should have been kicked out of the game for closed fist punches. I truly believe your former head coach told your players to play dirty.

It's basically wishful thinking. It's never mattered who your coach was in that game lol. It's a rivalry game, you can lose it even with Saban just as Saban lost to Auburn.

Yea when you all played us in Shreveport at 5 your starters should have been kicked out of the game for closed fist punches. I truly believe your former head coach told your players to play dirty.

That’s debatable but this year’s game should be even more heated! Chicago?

Back