Potassium

silentrage

Delta Girl
I know the best source of that nutrient is bananas. I'm not, however, a fan of bananas.

Anyone know of another means of getting potassium, besides supplements?

Hope you like some foods on this list.....:tup:

raisins
prunes
apricots
dates
strawberries
bananas
watermelon
cantaloupe
citrus fruits
beets
greens
spinach
tomatoes
mushrooms
soy products
veggie burgers
peas
beans
turkey
fish
beef
salmon
cod

I'm also not big fan of bananas, but I will eat them.

I've been eating bananas lately due to the cramping in my right calf. I've been stretching it regularly, but the cramp returns. Ugh.

I do eat a lot of those foods you have listed, but why is it that when one has a cramp poeple immediately want you to eat a banana?

I've been eating bananas lately due to the cramping in my right calf. I've been stretching it regularly, but the cramp returns. Ugh.

I do eat a lot of those foods you have listed, but why is it that when one has a cramp poeple immediately want you to eat a banana?

:lol: I don't know why, but I do see people who do marathons and charity walks always have bananas at the water stations along the way.

Potassium is good to stop cramping in your muscles. Don't know how it works. I just know it works. Getting it from bananas is one of the quickest ways to get it into your system.

:lol: I don't know why, but I do see people who do marathons and charity walks always have bananas at the water stations along the way.

Several reasons:
  • Easily digestible.
  • Easily carried.
  • Easily peeled.
  • Sanitary in its own skin.
  • Biodegradable when left roadside.
  • Easily absorbed and quick into the body system.

Oranges and orange juice are yet another that adds potass to the bod fairly quickly, from what I recall. :)

Last edited:
It could also be Magnesium deficiency. I take a Calcium/Magnesium supplement along with Potassium. It works better. A lot of our food supply is mineral and vitamin deficient due to ultra growth, homone injected, and re-engineered. Just be aware.

Magnesium- the links between magnesium deficiency and diverse conditions such as fibromyalgia, hearing loss, migraines, dysmenorrhea),mitral valve prolapse, nystagmus, osteoporosis, muscle cramps, weaknesses and spasms, TMJ and more.

I hate bananas also and have refused to eat them since I was a kid.

A potassium supplement works well for my cramps.

I never knew raisins had potassium, this is the first I'm hearing of it.

I'll eat a banana (which I've been successful at) over raisins :vomit:.

Back