Possible Tribe Called Quest reunion

That's good news.

I was one of the ones who was upset because I was SURE that they wouldn't reunite because of "friction" in the crew....and individual endeavors.

Last month, D-NICE told me that they had a stight single out, but he didn't know the name.

This will be good for Hip Hop...Lord knows we need it. :)

Tone, I heard it again the other night, but I caught the tail end of it. It's still underground, but I think Tribe fans will dig it.

NICE

Great news

Tribe is definitely an assett to the hip hop industry, it would be a positive thing for them to drop another classic on us.

That should be real nice. I think other groups that broke up may come back and guide the industry into a different direction.

The most overrated group in hip hop history. They had one decent album- low end theory. The rest was all garbage.

There is a god after all!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I've yet heard the new single from them yet. But i'm getting that CD when it comes out. :)

Thrilla, the Low-End Theory is good, but I say Midnight Marauders is a classic at its own right.

The last two albums could've been better though.

The Love movement was one of the worst albums in the history of recorded music. That first album sucked too (Yes the one with bonita applebum, left my wallet in el sagundo, and can I kick it.)

Originally posted by bornthrilla
The most overrated group in hip hop history. They had one decent album- low end theory. The rest was all garbage.

:xeye:

You must be one of those Rodney O and Joe Cooley fans, huh? :lol:

Overrated??? Only one DECENT album???
Dude...what kind of Hip Hop do YOU like??? :xeye:

:idea:

I can see it now...

Bornthrilla's TOP TEN Rap Acts!
(in no particular order)

1. M.C. Hammer
2. Young M.C.
3. Kwame
4. PM Dawn
5. Skee-Lo
6. Tone Loc
7. Vanilla Ice
8. Kid N Play
9. Lil Romeo
10. Ms. Melodie

Dang....:nod2:

I have been listening to Beats, Rhymes, and Life all this week. I still say Midnight Maruders is one of the best albums of all time.

Originally posted by Ntelekt

:xeye:

You must be one of those Rodney O and Joe Cooley fans, huh? :lol:

Overrated??? Only one DECENT album???
Dude...what kind of Hip Hop do YOU like??? :xeye:

:idea:

I can see it now...

(in no particular order)

1. M.C. Hammer
2. Young M.C.
3. Kwame
4. PM Dawn
5. Skee-Lo
6. Tone Loc
7. Vanilla Ice
8. Kid N Play
9. Lil Romeo
10. Ms. Melodie

Dang....:nod2:
:lmao:

Dang NT, I put in 2 BiggMC and Oaktown 357 somewhere. :lol: :lol:

PM Dawn?

From Ntelekt:

1. M.C. Hammer
2. Young M.C.
3. Kwame
4. PM Dawn
5. Skee-Lo
6. Tone Loc
7. Vanilla Ice
8. Kid N Play
9. Lil Romeo
10. Ms. Melodie

Dang....

PM Dawn?? (,, even though I got some of the 12",,,,,, strickly for DJing purposes back in the day of coarse,,,, eh-heh :eek: )

HAAAAAAAAA!!! :lmao:

Young MC? HEY,,,,,, eeeeasy,,,,, they were pretty cool,,, i was waiting for their next album but it never came. :(

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH C'mon NOWWW!! Kwame? what you got against Kwame?! :confused: (got several of his 12" too,,, strictly for diverse crowds of coarse,, :D ) What was that one track of his? Dat mug was da joint!

out

*singing*

Yes it's TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEE

It's you and onLAY YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

101 Dalmations send help!

On the real, though, I'd buy a new TCQ album ...

On the real, BT's top ten rap acts of all time:

1. Slick Rick (He is to MCing what I am to smack)
2. Run DMC
3. Geto Boys
4. Pac (after he got out of jail, not before)
5 a. PE (although they did have the single greatest album ever- 'Nation of Millions)
5 b. Wu Tang
7. UGK
8. BIG
9. Common
10. Too Short

Editor Note: I couldn't include Eric B and Rakim in that list because most of their albums were only about 10 songs long, usually with a couple of filler tracks. Paid in full was a classic, but even it had a couple of instrumentals like "chinese arithmatic" on it. Plus Rakim fell off somthing terrible after "dont sweat the technique."

Originally posted by bornthrilla
On the real, BT's top ten rap acts of all time:

1. Slick Rick (He is to MCing what I am to smack)

I didn't know Slick Rick also had a fetish for JSU.
Hidden text: Everyone knows your favorite rap group of all time is the L.A. Dream Team!!!

:) :) :)

Common.

I am a huge Common (Sense) fan,,,,,, but I just bought his last album,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, AND I AM THOROUGHLY DISAPPOINTED. :kaioken: :mad: :redhot: What a piece of CRAP! :mad: I think I've about run my coarse, sad to say, in the hip hop world. I think that time has finally come where I may have to transition to blasting rap/hip hop instead of defending it.

But back to Common,,,,,, just terrrible,,, a total waist of money. Got Erick Sherman and that sucked for the most part too. Just no good rap/hh now days. 90-95, 96 was the good ole days. 85-95 was the golden age. I miss those days. :whine:

Back