Popeye's doing coupons, now?????

Mrwiregrass

Wow. I remember Popeye's was luxury for people in the hood. But, now, you have to adjust your prices in this economic climate.

The only Chicken for me is Publix.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Popeyes has had coupons for at least 15 years.

"Popeyes for the ballers; The Ghetto eating Churches." - Juvenile

Hell, we have three Popeye's restaurants all on the same damn Boulevard. Hell, I can't it anyway. Acid reflux isn't my friend.

I have their app. There are always coupons on there...LOL They're chicken crazy in my neck of the wood...There is a Popeyes, Church's, KFC, Chick Fil A & Bojangles all within a two mile radius....LOL. Who does the most business? I would say Chick Fil A.....The parking lot is always pack and they have two people normally taking orders outside....One would swear they are giving away free food....LOL

Last edited:
I have their app. There are always coupons on there...LOL They're chicken crazy in my neck of the wood...There is a Popeyes, Church's, KFC, Chick Fil A & Bojangles all within a two mile radius....LOL. Who does the most business? I would say Chick Fil A.....The parking lot is always pack and they have two people normally taking orders outside....One would swear they are giving away free food....LOL

Bojangles was here for a few months.

bojangles is horrible

frenchy's all day and night lol

popeyes can be good if you catch it at the right time but they've had coupons since the 80s

Well, in DFW, Popeye's and Dick's Sporting Goods have teamed-up with the UIL and their coupons are printed on the back of EVERY middle and high school sporting event ticket... I got a stack of those "Buy one 5-piece Tenders combo and get 3 Tenders Free" coupons... Hell, I ate Popeye's at least one a week for about 6 months.......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I know that BK was attempting to buy Popeye's for about 1.8 billions a couple of years ago but not sure what happen. I'm also not sure how one can prognosticate what will happen in 20 years. LOL Perhaps both can be purchased but not sure why one would change the brand....

Last edited:
BK just upped their profile and will start offering keto-/veggie burgers/meals.
BK has always had a veggie burger, they are testing out the Impossible Burger, which is different from a traditional veggie burger, and the burger is only being tested in certain markets first. Something I never understood. Why do resturants test food items in only certain markets. What works well in Huntsville may not go well in St Louis.

The only time I used to go to Popeye's when I was younger was using Church's coupons to buy chicken there lol (they honored all coupons from other restaurants)

Popeyes been giving out coupons...in college over 20 years ago that 10 piece 4 biscuits coupon fed some folk.

I got Popeyes coupons at my house now. I always remembered Popeyes having coupons.

Anybody been to the Popeyes' buffet?

I got Popeyes coupons at my house now. I always remembered Popeyes having coupons.

Anybody been to the Popeyes' buffet?

I went to a buffet back in the day, I believe they called it a Super Popeye's around Metairie. It's my understanding now the only Popeye's with a buffet is in Lafayette. What's funny and I'm sure a lot of people don't know this is they had an imitation Popeye close to the Biloxi/Gulport line. Same building colors, different name and almost identical slogans. The chicken tasted identical as well and it was buffet style. I am positive that the owner of that business stole Al Copeland's spice secret. It's been so long ago until I forgot the name. I remember the slogan though. Instead of Famous Fried Chicken like Popeye, their slogan was Fabulous Fried Chicken.....lol I guess that was the white version of McDowell (Coming to America) in real life.....LOL

Back