Please create for me a contest wish list.

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member
I am in the process of creating a series of contest for those of you who give donations to TSPN. The winner will be determined on how much you donate on a monthly basis.

Question: What kind of prizes would be of interest to you? Please be realistic.

no offense..but think of this

you got a poster who supports you 200% but has bad finances at this time and can't really donate anything. As a result, they get nothing. (it ain't me)

Over here, you got a poster who receives prizes just for donating a few bucks cause of their current financial situation.

Don't even hold a contest for that...sounds biased to me..keep that on the d.l.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Here's a couple right off the top of my head

Gift certificates to various restaurants or stores....Discount passes to Amusement/Theme Parks, Zoos, etc.

What chu think about those Kenn?

Originally posted by The SWAC
no offense..but think of this

you got a poster who supports you 200% but has bad finances at this time and can't really donate anything. As a result, they get nothing. (it ain't me)

Over here, you got a poster who receives prizes just for donating a few bucks cause of their current financial situation.

Don't even hold a contest for that...sounds biased to me..keep that on the d.l.

I never gave details about the contest or how it is to be run. Before you shoot it down, get all of the facts first.

Re: Here's a couple right off the top of my head

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
Gift certificates to various restaurants or stores....Discount passes to Amusement/Theme Parks, Zoos, etc.

What chu think about those Kenn?

Its a start. But I am talking about something just a tad bit better than that. :)

Re: Re: Here's a couple right off the top of my head

Originally posted by Kenn Rashad

Its a start. But I am talking about something just a tad bit better than that. :)

OK, I'll keep brainstorming for ya.:)

Season Passes to their school of choice athletic events. Most schools sells a season pass for their revenue sporting events.

Does the Swac still have a season pass to for all their schools? I remember at one time you could purchase a season pass that would get you into any Swac school event.

This is what I had in mind.

How about a free hotel stay during the weekend of the Bayou Classic, Atlanta Classic (JSU vs. A&T), Magic City Classic, or Any other major classic game?

How about a free digital camera, scanner, printer, comupter speakers, etc.

How about free round trip tickets to anywhere in the continental US?

Would that work for you all? The contest that I am think of is based on a lottery system.

how much do you profit? According to the other thread you don't make a profit or profit very little so giving out nice gifts won't make much of a difference if it takes bucks to obtain them....

might as well give each and every poster who donates $25 more a SWACPAGE t-shirt and cap. That's $25 worth of stuff right there. Throw in a band tape or something.

Re: This is what I had in mind.

Originally posted by Kenn Rashad
How about a free hotel stay during the weekend of the Bayou Classic, Atlanta Classic (JSU vs. A&T), Magic City Classic, or Any other major classic game?

How about a free digital camera, scanner, printer, comupter speakers, etc.

How about free round trip tickets to anywhere in the continental US?

Would that work for you all? The contest that I am think of is based on a lottery system.

The above sounds good, but might be a tad on the expensive side. The hotels during the classics are usually on the high end.

I was thinking of some tickets during the classics. Also, tickets to the Essence Festival might work. Oh, paid reunion fees will work. :D :D :D

Lex,

Trust me. There is a way. If I were to offer you the chance to get a hotel in New Orleans (Downtown or the French Quarter) for the BC for a $50.00 donation to TSPN for the entire weekend, I think you would agree that thats a bargin.

The key however is make sure there are enough people involved to pay for the room. But only one can win. I don't have all of the details, but do you see what I mean?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well errra...Since Blu luvs her some WNBA...how about a ticket to the Comets' game? (Before the season is out that is) :D Floor seats of course
yes.gif

Back