Pittsburgh Newspaper Give UAPB some credit

Another 30+ point loss

That AD was horrible and I won't let this issue go. Stop taking the money and play some winnable games.

LaMont

Note: Looks like PV may be the surprise this fall.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Another 30+ point loss

Originally posted by LaMont
That AD was horrible and I won't let this issue go. Stop taking the money and play some winnable games.

LaMont

Note: Looks like PV may be the surprise this fall.

Please let it good. Whether you want to admit it or not... Playing games against ranked teams helps boost the team even in a lose. In the 1st half UAPB didn't act like a SWAC team that was scare of playing the big bad PWC they acted like a team that came to win. And that can go a long way, you don't know those kids can learn from this and beat them next time.

Toi

Why is this even an issue, there is not one SWAC team this is being PWC, whether it is a basketball powerhouse or a bottom of the bucket PWC.

PV has won a game against Houston, but one out of 10 teams. SWAC basketball as a whole is sorry. We might as well play the money games until we are to the point where we can compete on a consistent basis with the bottom teir of PWC.

Originally posted by Da_Sperm
Why is this even an issue, there is not one SWAC team this is being PWC, whether it is a basketball powerhouse or a bottom of the bucket PWC.

PV has won a game against Houston, but one out of 10 teams. SWAC basketball as a whole is sorry. We might as well play the money games until we are to the point where we can compete on a consistent basis with the bottom teir of PWC.

SWAC basketball is sorry because we cant beat the major white schools... in that case SWAC football is sorry also. UAPB gets beat like this against SWAC teams, so I dont see what the fuss is about.

<CENTER>Think positve and good things will happen</center>

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pitt/20021202pittbb1202p5.asp

They ain't gonna forget UAPB.

Man, it would have been real nice if PV and UAPB had won that Saturday night.

It would have meant that the SWAC would have beaten a no.5 and no.8 team in the nation.

The SWAC will have its day though. It may not be this year, but I see the teams are developing in the SWAC for an upset of the prime time schools.

Originally posted by DAHILL

SWAC basketball is sorry because we cant beat the major white schools... in that case SWAC football is sorry also. UAPB gets beat like this against SWAC teams, so I dont see what the fuss is about.

My point is it is not just UAPB. Every SWAC school has a losing record in basketball before Jan 1st. So tell me how does it matter if you get beat by 50 to the #5 team in the nation or if you get beat by 5 to a team like Arkansas State? The only difference I see is that your payday is bigger. So, it would seem that the UAPB AD is a genius.

Originally posted by pbla
The SWAC will have its day though. It may not be this year, but I see the teams are developing in the SWAC for an upset of the prime time schools.

Man please, the SWAC will always be the bottom of the pits in basketball.

Back