People With Extreme Political Views Have Trouble Thinking About Their Own Thinking

Olde Hornet

This article will help you understand some people.
:popcorn:

People With Extreme Political Views Have Trouble Thinking About Their Own Thinking

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...t-their-own-thinking?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Your super liberal and super conservative relatives might all have one thing in common.

“It’s been known for some time now that in studies of people holding radical beliefs, that they tend to… express higher confidence in their beliefs than others,” says Steve Fleming, a UCL cognitive neuroscientist and one of the paper’s authors. “But it was unknown whether this was just a general sense of confidence in everything they believe, or whether it was reflective of a change in metacognition.”

He and his colleagues set out to find the answer by removing partisanship from the equation: they presented study participants with a question that had an objective answer, rather than one rooted in personal values.

They studied two different groups of people—381 in the first sample and 417 in a second batch to try to replicate their results. They gave the first sample a survey that tested how conservative or liberal their political beliefs were. Radicalism exists on both ends of the spectrum; the people at the furthest extremes of left and right are considered “radical.”

In my opinion THIS IS TRUE. But I would lean toward the Liberals. I am not one of those with extreme views but if helping people and the environment is the goal I am in. There will always be someone who will take advantage of things but that shoe fits both feet.

Last edited:

Back