Pennsylvania college to no longer allow frats, sororities

Olde Hornet

Fraternities and sororities will no longer be allowed at Swarthmore College following outrage over years-old documents allegedly written by one fraternity there that contains derogatory comments about women and the LGBTQ community and jokes about sexual assault.

School President Valerie Smith made the announcement Friday in a letter posted on the college's website. Smith says the school's lone sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, can continue with its current members through the spring 2022 semester but can't recruit or initiate new members.

Swarthmore's decision comes about a week after the only two fraternities at the private liberal arts college in suburban Philadelphia decided to disband following the internal documents' release.

Fraternities and sororities shouldn't be on college campuses ... they should be available for post-graduation so colleges are not liable and smeared by their antics. So many colleges have been sued due to injuries and deaths caused by greek life ... most notably LSU. LSU is being sued and getting bad press STILL due to a fraternity hazing death in 2017.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Frats and sorrorities have become liability risks to campuses.
'
Tell me about...as part of an advisory team the biggest problem are the members who are no longer active but try to offer advice to the college members and not understand the new policies that are in place.

'
Tell me about...as part of an advisory team the biggest problem are the members who are no longer active but try to offer advice to the college members and not understand the new policies that are in place.
or the realities of the 21st century. I had a long talk one day about how some of the stuff we did and thought was okay would get you sexual assault charges in 2019.

Back