Pearl announces partnership with the Marching 100

Question: has FAMU ever had the drums in the school/uni colors? Similar to what I see here with the "crushed silver" look? Old Ocean had a maroon/red set and I believe a crushed silver look way back when.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Good deal!!

Til this day *Deonte Wilder voice* I still prefer the old red Pearls that TSU had over the white Dynasty drums.

Not that I remember. Honestly I've never paid any attention to it. Lol Ill have to ask someone. Maybe back in the early 80s. I went to famu high and we used to get hand me downs from the university. I vaguely remember us having drums that were green tinted and orange in the middle.

Pearle is the best. I love them. I'm also a Ludwig guy. A&M use to march with Corder back in the day. They were a local company out of Huntsville. They went out of business back in the early 90's time frame. Those were some heavy azz drums too.

Pearle is the best. I love them. I'm also a Ludwig guy. A&M use to march with Corder back in the day. They were a local company out of Huntsville. They went out of business back in the early 90's time frame. Those were some heavy azz drums too.
them corders sounded HORRIBLE.... I prefer the Dynastys they have now.

Not that I remember. Honestly I've never paid any attention to it. Lol Ill have to ask someone. Maybe back in the early 80s. I went to famu high and we used to get hand me downs from the university. I vaguely remember us having drums that were green tinted and orange in the middle.
The only thing I remember are the drum heads on the bass drums that had the school colors and silver or white shells. I'm trying to picture FAMU High with the drums you are talking about.

Back