Patronizing Black Businesses

To just be real, im going where the best service is with the best prices no matter what type of business. If it's black owned, cool. If it's mexican owned, cool. If it's Buddhist owned, cool.

I did not miss any of those points. Nor did I suggest you should hire any of those people. Or any one else that can’t do the job.

My point was not to give up on ALL Black businesses or to assume Hispanic or white contractors are “better” because of your anecdotal contact with six guys.

Two of the worst subs I’ve ever had were white guys. I’ve known several Hispanic guys who couldn’t read a house plan. Couldn’t do the simple math required to build houses.

My point was not to profile our own people. Of course, any contractor must be able to do the job. If you find a Black contractor that can do the job and may be lacking in other areas help him to get to where they need to be. Heck, I would have even talked to those three guys about why you couldn’t hire them. Maybe that will help them to become more prepared for their next opportunity.

My whole point is I think we should try to help our people who are trying to do something. That doesn’t mean hiring incompetent people to do jobs they can’t do. But, that doesn’t preclude us from showing them how they might could be better.

I never said I'm giving up I gave clear examples of the operation of some black businesses and why they pissed me off.

Concerning the part in red....they need to get a mentor. I searched out one. If not they need to get out of the business and stop BSing people with their lackluster management abilities. They make black businesses look bad.

Your insight as a customer and a Black man can be helpful too.

Don’t miss an opportunity to positively influence someone simply because you’re not in the industry.

Excuses ....

LOL...

Man neither of the 3 have called me back. The lackluster white guys blew up my phone. The black guys ain't reached out AT ALL. You think I'm going to pick up the phone....LOL

If I were in the area and could show you that some of us are organized, knowledgeable, experienced, and quite capable - not to mention fully licensed and insured - would you give me a chance?

Or would you assume, the white man or the Mexican was better?

If you had a concern, would you talk to me about it, or ignore me and put me on blast on social media?

To be fair, his posts have pretty much already answered all of these questions.

Unfortunately, I haven't had too many great experiences with AA doing work for me. I have two handy men that are black that I'll pretty much go with because they are good and I pretty much don't step outside of that. Just last week, Amazon delegated an AA house cleaning service and they didn't show up or call. Someone of a different persuasion took the job within hours. Last month I had an AA carpet cleaning service where the appointment was set up 72 hours in advance and the guy calls me hours before the appointment telling me his truck is in the shop (I simply hung the phone up after telling him no we cannot reschedule).

Back