Papa Johns CEO blames kneeling against racism for poor pizza sales

If you want cheap pizza but not Papa John's The former CEO of Little Caesar's philanthropy notes(he did all of this stuff with very little publicity too):

One of Ilitch's first philanthropic efforts was the Little Caesars Love Kitchen, established in 1985. The traveling restaurant was formed to feed the hungry and assist with food provisions during natural disasters.[21] The program has been recognized by former Presidents Bill Clinton, George H. W. Bush and Ronald Reagan, and has served more than 2 million individuals in the United States and Canada.

In 2006, inspired by a veteran returning to civilian life after losing both of his legs in war, Ilitch founded the Little Caesars Veterans Program to provide honorably discharged veterans with a business opportunity when they transition from service or seek a career change.[22]Ilitch received the Secretary's Award from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for this program in 2007; it is the highest honor given to a civilian by the department.[23]

The Little Caesars Amateur Hockey Program, established by Ilitch in 1968, helped thousands of children.[24] Additionally, Ilitch Charities for Children was founded in 2000 as a non-profit foundation dedicated to improving the lives of children in the areas of health, education and recreation.

In 2008, the charity was renamed Ilitch Charities and its focus was broadened. The new charity invests in the community's future by supporting innovative, collaborative and measurable programs that promote economic development and spur job growth, as a means to address social issues such as poverty, unemployment, homelessness, and hunger.

As a result of his philanthropy, the School of Business for Wayne State University in Detroit is named the "Mike Ilitch School of Business".[25]

According to the Center for Responsive Politics, reports required by the Federal Election Commission from 2002 to 2005 indicate Ilitch Holdings, Inc. members and business partners have contributed more than $500,000 to political campaigns and PACs.[26]

From 1994 until her death in 2005, Ilitch paid Rosa Parks's rent to enable her to live in a safer part of Detroit.[27]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/papa-john-apos-pizza-getting-183300366.html :D

Papa John's Pizza is Getting Rightfully Roasted By its Arch Nemeses

If you smelled charred pizza, that may have been Papa John’s ― because the company got badly burned in a Twitter war.

The company’s CEO and founder, “Papa” John Schnatter, earlier this week claimed that NFL player protests were hurting pizza sales and blamed the football league for “not resolving the current debacle.”

https://www.eater.com/2017/11/2/16599138/digiorno-tweets-papa-johns-sales-nfl-protests :D

DiGiorno Is Dragging Papa John’s on Twitter Over the Delivery Chain’s Sales Slump

I DO NOT eat PJ Pizza because I don't like this guy. I don't give my money knowingly to folks of his ilk. I stopped a long time ago when understanding this filth's thought process.

The only time I've ever had Papa John's was when I was a Quality Assurance Lab Analyst for Coca-Cola (2000-2005). Whenever CCE would recognize employees (no accidents, time/attendance, high production, anniversary, etc), they (CCE) would serve pizza and since Pizza Hut is owned by Pepsi, the pizza came from Papa John's. The time I ate it, it tasted like the box it came out of, and I've never eaten it again. I've never spent a dime on it either.

So now John Schnatter (Papa John's) is blaming the NFL and has pulled ads for not being able to "handle" its members and their right to protest racial injustice/police brutality/murders of Black males. Now that NFL ratings have declined and the NFL is being hit hard by the media, he wants to all of a sudden evaluate his sponsorship with the League.

At the same time, Papa John's is telling the Nazis and other racists to not buy/eat his pizza after they've self-declared his crap as their official pizza. It's funny (and no surprise) to me how an attempt to hurt/damage/silence the NFL players who are bringing attention to an issue that's long overdue in recognizing has backfired into the loss of millions and millions and millions of dollars from one of their so-called persecutors. It's a twist of fate that now this taste-like-crap-in-a-box pizza owner is begging the only people who support him, who are low-life, swamp dwelling, septic swallowing racists, to NOT buy/purchase his pizza.

It appears to me that Papa John's is stuck between a rock and a hard place. I hope the walls continue to close in on him and that dung he calls pizza.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/papa-johns-apologizes-for-criticizing-nfl-anthem-protests/ :rolleyes:o_O:eek:

Papa John's apologizes for criticizing NFL anthem protests

Papa John's apologized Tuesday night for comments made by CEO John Schnatterblaming sluggish pizza sales on NFL players kneeling during the national anthem.

The company is a major NFL sponsor and advertiser, and Schnatter said on an earnings call Nov. 1 that "NFL leadership has hurt Papa John's shareholders" and that the protests "should have been nipped in the bud a year and a half ago."

The company tweeted a statement offering to "work with the players and league to find a positive way forward."

"The statements made on our earnings call were describing the factors that impact our business and we sincerely apologize to anyone that thought they were divisive," it said. "That definitely was not our intention.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/papa-johns-apologizes-for-criticizing-nfl-anthem-protests/ :rolleyes:o_O:eek:

Papa John's apologizes for criticizing NFL anthem protests

Papa John's apologized Tuesday night for comments made by CEO John Schnatterblaming sluggish pizza sales on NFL players kneeling during the national anthem.

The company is a major NFL sponsor and advertiser, and Schnatter said on an earnings call Nov. 1 that "NFL leadership has hurt Papa John's shareholders" and that the protests "should have been nipped in the bud a year and a half ago."

The company tweeted a statement offering to "work with the players and league to find a positive way forward."

"The statements made on our earnings call were describing the factors that impact our business and we sincerely apologize to anyone that thought they were divisive," it said. "That definitely was not our intention.

Damn the company apologizing, I want his ass to come out and apologize just like his ass was man enough to make that statement he made.

Back