Out of Conference Bubble Basketball Tournaments?

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Is anyone's teams playing in any of the OOC Bubble Tournaments?

I know Prairie View A&M men's team is scheduled to be in the Louisville MTE (Multi Team Event) which includes these teams.

Louisville, Seton Hall, Southern Illinois, Western Kentucky, NC-Greensboro, Duquense & Winthrop

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Valley has a MTE against Arkansas and North Texas (11/25-11/28) so the only way I can see them playing Wazzu is on the 11/29 or 11/30 since we play Grand Canyon on 12/1

safe_image.php

You could do a MTE in some cities and get 3-5 D1 games with all local school but folks don’t work together even in a pandemic

You could do a MTE in some cities and get 3-5 D1 games with all local school but folks don’t work together even in a pandemic

Yeah, especially right here in the Houston area. You have UH, Rice, stu, PVAMU, HBU, SHSU & Tamu all within a 1 1/2 hr drive of eachother. They could bubble up in Houston and play a good MTE Tournament and get some good games.

You can only do 2 MTE events in a season and you can't go over 27 games during this season

I don't know if the NCAA would give a waiver this year if schools could do 3-4 MTEs but still stay under 27 regular season games (since most visting teams only play 2 games in a MTE)

Yeah, especially right here in the Houston area. You have UH, Rice, stu, PVAMU, HBU, SHSU & Tamu all within a 1 1/2 hr drive of eachother. They could bubble up in Houston and play a good MTE Tournament and get some good games.
I am gonna hurt you fiyah

Valley will play Wyoming on 11/28 in their MTE with Wazzu (TxSU is in that same MTE but of course we won't play them for obvious reasons)

Looks like PVAMU wasn't the only school that was bit by a positive test at this MTE. Louisville's game against UNCG was cancelled and the Winthrop & Duquesne game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back