Oscar Nominations

Re: Oscar Nominees

I can't say I saw that coming for Terrence Howard, but congrats to him anyway. I'm glad Crash got some nods. I really liked that movie.

I love Terrance Howard...the academy won't give him this award, though...not for Hustle & Flow. I am very happy for him, to just get the recognition, though.

Congrats, TH!!! :tup:

Warndalyn said:
I love Terrance Howard...the academy won't give him this award, though...not for Hustle & Flow. I am very happy for him, to just get the recognition, though.

Congrats, TH!!! :tup:

You got that right Warndalyn; the academy is doing flips behind "Bareback Mountain"... I mean, "Brokeback Mountain"....:rolleyes:

"It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" nominated for....

an OSCAR????!!!!! LOL :lol:

16. Original Song: "In the Deep" from "Crash," Kathleen "Bird" York and Michael Becker; "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" from "Hustle & Flow," Jordan Houston, Cedric Coleman and Paul Beauregard; "Travelin' Thru" from "Transamerica," Dolly Parton.

Big Thunder said:
You got that right Warndalyn; the academy is doing flips behind "Bareback Mountain"... I mean, "Brokeback Mountain"....:rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Terrance Howard Receives Oscar Nomination

Great that Howard is getting some well-deserved recognition for his work. I was impressed with his portrayal of Ali in the TV movie a few years back. I don't know if Hollywood is ready to give US another "best" Oscar for a lead role so quickly. Little bit too soon behind Jamie Foxx.

I've got a feeling that Phoenix and Witherspoon (I actually hope she does) will take it in the Best Actor and Actress categories.

Re: "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" nominated for....

Tigerpride said:
an OSCAR????!!!!! LOL :lol:

16. Original Song: "In the Deep" from "Crash," Kathleen "Bird" York and Michael Becker; "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" from "Hustle & Flow," Jordan Houston, Cedric Coleman and Paul Beauregard; "Travelin' Thru" from "Transamerica," Dolly Parton.

Now that would be something if that song won!

Not even going to open the link yet.........................but I'll bet "BrokeBack Mountain" is running away with the bids...................am I correct? :cool:

staggalee83 said:
Not even going to open the link yet.........................but I'll bet "BrokeBack Mountain" is running away with the bids...................am I correct? :cool:

USATODAY is reporting that NONE of the Oscar nominations did anything in Box office sales dispite being release NATIONWIDE on 3 and sometimes 4 times the number of screens.

The Oscars did nothing to make people go see these things.
I knew "Brokeback" was nothing outside of Central/Southern Calli and NY.
It barely pulled in 4 million this weekend dispite expanded showings and an 8 Oscar nods. The others are off the radar.:shame:

Box office dosen't walk the Oscar line.

Back