Omega Psi Phi......i Have A Question

Dr. Sweet NUPE

I'm a NUPE but I'm coming at you as a fellow Brother of Color. Brothers I'm pissed. That was some stupid TIHS that those white boys did.

My question is simple: Does your National Headquarters plan on making a statement concerning this?

I know that it's Que business but I'm Pissed Off!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys don't want to answer I understand fully!!!!

Much Respect and Support....

Mark A. Hunter a.k.a. Dr. SweetNUPE

The Grand Basileus is speaking at the Undergraduate Purple and Gold Scholarship Banquet tonight at 7:00pm on the campus of AAMU. When he arrived last night, we met with him at the Omega Center. He provided us with an update of what is going on. Prior to arriving in Huntsville, he had been meeting with the Acting President of Auburn, faculty members and students leaders. This situation at Auburn has opened the door for a number of things that were not going well at Auburn University prior to this incident. Black faculty members have join in with Omega leadership and are speaking out on the issues. The support that Omega is getting from the NAACP and others
will improve the situation at Auburn for the long term.

To try and condense all that he said last night, would take a lot of time to put into writing. But there will be a big meeting on the campus today and a protest is scheduled for tomorrow. The National Guard and extra security have been put on alert.

There was a call for black players not to play in the football game, but they don't see this as a problem. Remind you that everything stops in Alabama for the Iron Bowl. This is the biggest event in the State for the two PWCs and they have a large black following.

The bottom line Mark we are on top of it. This students had no idea that what they did would bring this much attention to Auburn and the nation. But now the administration and Board of Trustees must deal with it. The thing that has disappointed Omega the most is the comment made by the black member of the Auburn Board of Trustees. I need to find out what he said to make any sense out of it.

Thanks. I was just curious. People have emailed the pictures of this sad event over and over, yet no one has sent anything with the Ques views on them.

Again, I am upset that this happened to your fraternity. It sickens me to think that people are so willing to make fun of a public service organization.

MD:

What are the Omega's doing about this incident since the judge has reinstated this fraternity?

The NAACP set up an office in Auburn to assist with the issues involving not only the incident, but to assist Black Faculty members who have issues with Auburn. The media does not intend to publicize what is going on at the present. Our Grand informed the Interm President that Omega will sue if nothing is done about this issue.

The implications are; this is not an Omega problem, but goes to the core of Black Society. This is how Omega is approaching the problem. When the black coach and black trustee basically said they did not see this as a issue is just an indication that they don't understand the world we live in.

In addition, I wish our black youth will see this as a wake up call and understand the issues facing them in the future. I wish Omega and all the other Greek Letter Organizations can use this incident as a means to get our members to become more proactive in the political structure on our college campuses.

Back