Old School Gangsta Politicians!!!

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
I think in the 70s & 80s, as Black assumed political power, they learned to be very hard and no nonsense towards the establishment. I have observed dudes of this kind in both smaller and bigger towns. Being too young to understand, older Blacks love the way they have stood up because for so long, they felt the oppression and horrors of white supremacy like no other after them. So when one of ours got in office and didn't take anything, they forever had a hero (Willie Herenton-Memphis, Marion Berry-D.C, George Forbes-Cleveland Councilman, Coleman Young-Detroit etc...)...you know if we really go back, we can add Adam Clayton Powell to the list. Do you guys know his story too? Light skinned smoking Preacher/Pastor from NYC, had women, and talked that noise and didn't take ish from nobody, even his own people and was a hell of speaker. Good or bad, you got to love them. This George Forbes clip had me to go back and find some of these guys at their best and/or worse.

Last edited:

I think in the 70s & 80s, as Black assumed political power, they learned to be very hard and no nonsense towards the establishment. I have observed dudes of this kind in both smaller and bigger towns. Being too young to understand, older Blacks love the way they have stood up because for so long, they felt the oppression and horrors of white supremacy like no other after them. So when one of ours got in office and didn't take anything, they forever had a hero (Willie Herenton-Memphis, Marion Berry-D.C, George Forbes-Cleveland Councilman, Coleman Young-Detroit etc...)...you know if we really go back, we can add Adam Clayton Powell to the list. Do you guys know his story too? Light skinned smoking Preacher/Pastor from NYC, had women, and talked that noise and didn't take ish from nobody, even his own people and was a hell of speaker. Good or bad, you got to love them. This George Forbes clip had me to go back and find some of these guys at their best and/or worse.

Man these black politicians are weak as hell these days. They are too worried about stepping on peoples toes than doing what is right. Plus, now with all the PACs and special interest groups all these present day black politicians see is money in their own pockets.

Back