Ok, I'm about to hop off the Biden train

His starting point is $10,000 so there is plenty of room for progressives to get something worked out. Waiving $25 to $35 thousand would benefit students of public HBCUs significantly.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
His starting point is $10,000 so there is plenty of room for progressives to get something worked out. Waiving $25 to $35 thousand would benefit students of public HBCUs significantly.

I believe student loans are now the biggest scam around and bordering on criminal. IMHO, it is a form of usury. I saw a lady on the news last night that stated she had a $30K loan, had been paying for a couple of decades and her loan balance now is $28K. The reason for that is the accumulated interest is applied to the principal balance at the end of the year. Biden is moderate so I'm not surprised that he is attempting to put a ceiling on that form of relief. I believe folks like Bernie & Schumer will continue to push him. The majority in the Senate is so slim though and the democrats traditionally haven't had a backbone, so I am not sure where a lot of issues that benefit lower and middle-income folks will go. I am quietly watching what is going on in D.C.

I agree with Biden. Student loans debt should not be cancelled entirely. If he does give everyone who paid there way to college their money back and the money back to folks who paid their loans off. Fair is fair
Um screw that. If they can give those billionaires bailouts because of their careless and risky behavior, students should get bailed out for attempting to better themselves individually and prepare for an economic market that never transpired.

Pay up you sneaky arseholes.

Um screw that. If they can give those billionaires bailouts because of their careless and risky behavior, students should get bailed out for attempting to better themselves individually and prepare for an economic market that never transpired.

Pay up you sneaky arseholes.

I think the issue is you got a subsection that pulls out loans and stay in school for too many years like Vanwilder. With no intent to graduate.
Some have ZERO business in college. You just stealing money.
Now for the one who graduates-debt free if they do it in 4 years. 75-90% if they do it in 5-6 and so on.

I saw a lady on the news last night that stated she had a $30K loan, had been paying for a couple of decades and her loan balance now is $28K. The reason for that is the accumulated interest is applied to the principal balance at the end of the year.
I had a 10K and paid if off in 17 years at $78 a month. My interest rate started at 7 but went to 6 after it was bought by another company.

If she has been paying for 20 years and it's only down 2K-here interest rate is way too high or her minimum is WAY too low. Also that interest should not be dumped on her at the end of the year-that interest should be daily.

Cancellation of student loan debt of hbcu graduates would greatly stimulate expansion of the Black middle class. Such a move would do more good than the tax cuts Trump gave to the one percenters. These loan cancellations would give a whole generation a headstart into the middle class and thereby greatly enhance the quality of our nation.

I think the issue is you got a subsection that pulls out loans and stay in school for too many years like Vanwilder. With no intent to graduate.
Some have ZERO business in college. You just stealing money.
Now for the one who graduates-debt free if they do it in 4 years. 75-90% if they do it in 5-6 and so on.

I had a 10K and paid if off in 17 years at $78 a month. My interest rate started at 7 but went to 6 after it was bought by another company.

If she has been paying for 20 years and it's only down 2K-here interest rate is way too high or her minimum is WAY too low. Also that interest should not be dumped on her at the end of the year-that interest should be daily.

My guess is she is not making enough money to pay the bill and her payment is based on her income. Depending on the lender, her loan may have a daily interest accumulation, but the full sum of that unpaid interest may be added to the principal once a year (capitalized interest). My guess is most of her payment is going to accumulated interest and that is why the principal balance is barely moving (or she received a forbearance or maybe a deferment on unsubsidized loans where the interest may have capitalized eating up a lot of what she paid and adding to the principal). Some of these private lenders for educational loans are a piece of work. I tell folks that ask me about it is their first move should be paying these private lenders off first.

Last edited:
Cancellation of student loan debt of hbcu graduates would greatly stimulate expansion of the Black middle class. Such a move would do more good than the tax cuts Trump gave to the one percenters. These loan cancellations would give a whole generation a headstart into the middle class and thereby greatly enhance the quality of our nation.

It's amazing how folks look at the 1% get these ginormous corporate welfare checks (tax cuts) but since their loans have been paid off they don't care for these young folks to have any substantial relief (like it's going to take something away from them)......smh & lol

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It's not about hating young people. Paying off student loans would benefit white Amerikkka way more than black people. Now congress is for the first time actually debating a reparations package at this moment. Put it in that package and I have no problems with it, but I don't want to pay for these white kids who especially attend Alabama and Mississippi State who vote Republican against black people.

It's not about hating young people. Paying off student loans would benefit white Amerikkka way more than black people. Now congress is for the first time actually debating a reparations package at this moment. Put it in that package and I have no problems with it, but I don't want to pay for these white kids who especially attend Alabama and Mississippi State who vote Republican against black people.
Good point

Especially when those funds can go to k-12 systems that need it...

or Harvard, Yale, Cornell, MIT...etc...etc...

Paying high azz tuition at some of the nation's private institutions is a choice that shouldn't be subsidized off the backs of people that will never ever attend college or those of us that chose what was practical over prestige.

People that chose schools like Vanderbilt, Rice and Tulane need to understand they supposedly were paying for that so-called superior education they were receiving.

Last edited:
or Harvard, Yale, Cornell, MIT...etc...etc...

Paying high azz tuition at some of the nation's private institutions is a choice that shouldn't be subsidized off the backs of people that will never ever attend college or those of us that chose what was practical over prestige.

People that chose schools like Vanderbilt, Rice and Tulane need to understand they supposedly were paying for that so-called superior education they were receiving.
The average cost of attendance at a public university for an out-of-state student is $25,000 a year, not including room and board.

This is categorically untrue and obvious when you consider income disparities, which would affect both the need for loans and the ability to repay them.

Back