Official "Snowfall" on FX Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

It took me forever but I've finish binge watching. I'm all caught up. I have a question though. Is all of this loosely based on someone in real life? The Real Rick Ross?

Even though I had been a little apprehensive of following another show that features life in the drug game, there are still so many life lessons to be learned.

For one, it is obvious that every time Franklin gets to the next level, there are more problems. Also, at each level he gets to, not everyone is able to make that move with him.

Just like in the real world, there are always wolves. The turning point in Franklin's attitude to me was when he fought back in jail. That was the moment that made him become a wolf even though it was always in him.

I would suspect that when this series end, it won't be happy for Franklin. Unless you are in the 5% and lucky muther like Charles Cosby (Cocaine Cowboys II), it never ends in a good way in that life.

Even though I had been a little apprehensive of following another show that features life in the drug game, there are still so many life lessons to be learned.

For one, it is obvious that every time Franklin gets to the next level, there are more problems. Also, at each level he gets to, not everyone is able to make that move with him.

Just like in the real world, there are always wolves. The turning point in Franklin's attitude to me was when he fought back in jail. That was the moment that made him become a wolf even though it was always in him.

I would suspect that when this series end, it won't be happy for Franklin. Unless you are in the 5% and lucky muther like Charles Cosby (Cocaine Cowboys II), it never ends in a good way in that life.

I think Franklin will walk but his members of his crew will be dead or locked up.

I think his mom will be set for life. She is placing money away. Her thought was “if my son is in this life then I need to manage his money and teach him about investing.” Franklin has created three companies that are connected to Israel.

I think Franklin will walk but his members of his crew will be dead or locked up.

I think his mom will be set for life. She is placing money away. Her thought was “if my son is in this life then I need to manage his money and teach him about investing.” Franklin has created three companies that are connected to Israel.
His mom has become Brianna Barksdale from the Wire reincarnated...LOL

...now that I think about it, Franklin is actually what D'Angelo Barksdale could have been if he had the heart for the game. D was smart and understood it but he was not cold enough...

...My aplogies, I am still addicted to the Wire and every show that I've followed since with regards to life in the street I've measured it against the Wire still....seeing the chick that used to play Brianna now playing Franklin's mom is a good reminder...

Last edited:
His mom has become Brianna Barksdale from the Wire reincarnated...LOL

...now that I think about it, Franklin is actually what D'Angelo Barksdale could have been if he had the heart for the game. D was smart and understood it but he was not cold enough...

...My aplogies, I am still addicted to the Wire and every show that I've followed since with regards to life in the street I've measured it against the Wire still....seeing the chick that used to play Brianna now playing Franklin's mom is a good reminder...

You are not the only one addicted to The Wire.

Random Thoughts....

As I watched Mel in Episode 6, I thought about some of the fine and intelligent sisters in my own neighborhood that got caught up the same way. It was the late 80s or early 90s. I still don't think any of us realized what was really going on but the sense was something wasn't right. And to think...my city (Huntsville) that I grew up in was much smaller and so far away from L.A., Miami, and etc. but no place in this country was safe from it all eventually. Even in later years, I've seen former students that I've taught in another city with so much promise get caught up in this. Just a ghost of their former self.

What a horror this crack isht was and still is....smh

Random Thoughts....

As I watched Mel in Episode 6, I thought about some of the fine and intelligent sisters in my own neighborhood that got caught up the same way. It was the late 80s or early 90s. I still don't think any of us realized what was really going on but the sense was something wasn't right. And to think...my city (Huntsville) that I grew up in was much smaller and so far away from L.A., Miami, and etc. but no place in this country was safe from it all eventually. Even in later years, I've seen former students that I've taught in another city with so much promise get caught up in this. Just a ghost of their former self.

What a horror this crack isht was and still is....smh

Bruh....the most dangerous places in America is rural America. It's folks getting killed left and right over drugs....it doesn't make the news because it's rural America....

I agree with you....

Bruh....the most dangerous places in America is rural America. It's folks getting killed left and right over drugs....it doesn't make the news because it's rural America....

I agree with you....

But it's not crack with them, it's Meth. Since it's getting to the white folks, it's a epidemic and we need to provide help. But when it was crack it was 'Just say no".

But it's not crack with them, it's Meth. Since it's getting to the white folks, it's a epidemic and we need to provide help. But when it was crack it was 'Just say no".

I agree....

The cops daughter is about to strung out on crack and that is going to piss Franklin off. The good thing is none of Franklin's crew uses drugs. Also since Franklin found out the guy is CIA I have a feeling some thing is going to horribly wrong.

I just watched this last episode last night.

When Franklin told her dad, "I wouldn't let that girl out of my sight." I could tell Franklin was hurt. The other issue is when he had to go in the crack house and get her every chick he saw doing something sexual he feared it would be her. The dad being a cop should be able to look at his daughter and see that she is cracked out.

When Franklin told his mom, "She's on rock now." That's when it really hit home.

Mel and Wanda's crack high trip was crazy. When Mel busted Wanda in the head with the statute. Classic!!!!

I remember my brother telling me about fellow physician that got hooked on crack at UCLA. He said the guy sold everything out of his house even the carpet, sinks, hot water heater, etc....literally the house was gutted.

A number of home builders use meth heads to build houses. I know a builder who said the meth heads do the best work, especially extremely detailed work.

I just watched this last episode last night.

When Franklin told her dad, "I wouldn't let that girl out of my sight." I could tell Franklin was hurt. The other issue is when he had to go in the crack house and get her every chick he saw doing something sexual he feared it would be her. The dad being a cop should be able to look at his daughter and see that she is cracked out.

When Franklin told his mom, "She's on rock now." That's when it really hit home.

Mel and Wanda's crack high trip was crazy. When Mel busted Wanda in the head with the statute. Classic!!!!

Yeah, Franklin was really hurt by Mel being on that rock. I actually think he may have thought about giving
it all up after he saw of the "activity" in the crack house. As for the cop being able to see it in his daughter,
maybe with all of this being so "new", folks hadn't learned to "see" it in folks just yet. Also, for Andre to set
his pride aside, and come next door for help, man, that tells you just how much he loves his daughter, and how
concerned he was about her.

Leon basically told Franklin that crack didn't care, but he had to see it for himself. It's not hard to see that Leon still cares for Wanda and Franklin's probably going to be the same way with Mel.

Sidenote: Those guys did a hell of a strip job on Andre's car! Good thing for them they didn't tell Franklin about the car.

Leon basically told Franklin that crack didn't care, but he had to see it for himself. It's not hard to see that Leon still cares for Wanda and Franklin's probably going to be the same way with Mel.

Sidenote: Those guys did a hell of a strip job on Andre's car! Good thing for them they didn't tell Franklin about the car.

Franklin understands how Leon feels now.

I remember my brother telling me about fellow physician that got hooked on crack at UCLA. He said the guy sold everything out of his house even the carpet, sinks, hot water heater, etc....literally the house was gutted.

A number of home builders use meth heads to build houses. I know a builder who said the meth heads do the best work, especially extremely detailed work.

It's true. My father used to find them all the time. I know a good car mechanic. But, he also have a habit, and fix anything.

Franklin was in tears. Because, he wanted her to get out of the neighborhood. Now, she is stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back