Offensive Efficiency!

MikeBigg

Prior to the season, there were several posters who questioned the GSU offense. Just wanted to post some facts to go along with the smack:

These are the stats thru 5 games

Rushing yds/game====> 148
Passing yds/game====> 174
Sacks allowed ======> 6
Punt return ydg=====> 16.8
K/O return ydg======> 26.2
Field goals=========> 5-7
Extra points========>14-18
Passing Percentage===> 48.4 (60/124/3; 6td's)
Yards/catch=========> 14.5
Rushing TD's========> 11
Red Zone Efficiency====> 9-12 (75%)
4th Down Conversion==> 5-7
3rd Down Conversion==> 20-53 (37%)

CONSISTENTLY GREAT

Bigg,

And it will get better as the competition gets progressively better. That brings out the best in the G-Men. Greatness hasn't hit their stride yet, but we're almost there.

I scared of the G-Men

The present offensive machine the boys from Louisiana Normal College are displaying is scaring the rest of us po folks to death.
See you in NO.:emlaugh:

GR,

That is true, JSU's offense is more of a quick strike offense. It should be interesting to see which offensive philosophy wins out.

Some people are surprised that Doug favors the ground game, but I knew he would. Until Doug's senior year at GSU, Coach Legend's philosophy was to run first to set up the passing game off play action. In the pros, John McKay was a run-oriented coach and so was Joe Gibbs in Washington.

When I went to watch Doug coach at Northeast High, his 11-1 team was a run-oriented team (had a 260lb tailback and an athletic qb who later played running back at LaTech). I think he wanted to be more of a running team initially, but our offensive line was young--plus Hayes was such a good passer.

And, handy rhymes efficiently throws ints just about every game too!

'Splain this Mr. Bigg!

Interceptions By.... 1 at Alcorn State (Sep 01, 2001)
at Portland State (Sep 22, 2001)
vs Prairie View A&M (Sep 29, 2001)

Re: And, handy rhymes efficiently throws ints just about every game too!

Originally posted by Panthro
'Splain this Mr. Bigg!

'Splain what? That out of 124 passes 3 have been intercepted and 6 have been touchdowns. I'll take that kind of ratio all year.

Please post the number of wins your qb has over =========>

Zero. Nada. Nil. Nul. Null. Zip. Zilch. Ennnngh.... blah blah blah

Now that we're past that.

Does that imply that he'll throw an int every single game from henceforth forward?

Just asking.

*crickets*

I could live with 22td's and 11 ints. It really depends on when and how those int's occur. But I doubt if he will have many more...the teams remaining on the schedule will have to deal with the ground game.

Sorry to disappoint you, I guess yall are used to 60 margins of defeat! We'll run it up next year.

LOL @ Panthro still throwing shots at Greatness almost a week after his anal...err... I mean annual azz whippin.

Panthro,

GET A GRIP!!!! The "ICON" ain't even got a game this week and you still "hating" on the G-Men. I know you defend your school, but leave well enough alone. YOUR "BUNS" GOT BUTTERED LAST WEEK AND YOU NEED TO LET IT BE. Save that isht for Basketball season. It will be here before you know it!!!

Phatback,
You need to be worrying about your team instead of Buffalo. They (A&M) will be up against it this weekend in the "Red Stick".

LOL

I was just inquiring bruhs and bruhettes... :( I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

But still, if handy rhymes is inclined to throw an int during every game, it'll come back to haunt "greatness" :rolleyes: when they play SU, JSU, or even TSU. Those teams have the capability to capitalize off of turnovers.

I'm done.

Where's that Dallas boy @ Valley... LOL That #70 that only posts during the evening hours when the sun is @ it's highest to power those solar panels @ Valley :emlaugh:. Roll ova' fat meat! Daddy's coming home! :emlaugh:

"On Deck.....La. Normal aka Grambling...Doug has his tigers getting ready for the 1-AA playoffs. The A.D. is calling different airlines trying to get the best rate to Billings Montana."

Hey, this stuff with Panthro reminds me of the Gulf War of 1991. Ya' know Saddam Hussein said he won that war. Well, if you look at the PV game stats thru 4 games, you'll see that their two QB's have produced ONE TD and NINE INTS.

Rrraaaa, D pretender???

Did Panthro ever state that we had a good team? Did Panthro ever boast that we had a good team? The most that I said wuz "We'd be a lot better than last year." And for the most part, that's true. :emlaugh:

Don't get mad @ me for pointing out the inconsistencies w/ your qb handy rhymes.

Back