Now, DAYUM!!

Vinita

Let's Go Lions, GO!
SCHEDULING ERROR CAUSES CANCELLATION OF CAPITAL CITY CLASSIC

By Nate Olson/OF THE COMMERCIAL STAFF
A scheduling error has led to the cancellation of this year's Capital City Classic between the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff and University of Central Arkansas.

The future of the series is also in doubt.

How to fugg up a one car funeral

Dear AD Curry,

Not that I give two ishts about playing some kind of funky arsed UCA, but uhhhh ...

YOU'RE FUGGING UP!! :mad:

Love,
Niter

According to the YARD INTELLIGENCE, the NCAA has a rule that a D1 school can not play a D2 school within a year. The game last year between UCA and UAPB was September 11. This year's game was scheduled before labor day, which falls into the less than a year time frame.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
PBLA, as the ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, he should have KNOWN that shat ... hell, the AD at UCA should know the rules, also, but fugg him, this ain't about him ...

Originally posted by pbla
According to the YARD INTELLIGENCE, the NCAA has a rule that a D1 school can not play a D2 school within a year. The game last year between UCA and UAPB was September 11. This year's game was scheduled before labor day, which falls into the less than a year time frame.

If that in fact is a rule I am sure it means a football year, (season) not a calendar year.

Mach, you might be finally making some football sense.

Nita Mae, all your AD had to do was file a grievance with the SWAC. If they had a contractual agreement, they could have played if other schedules could have been worked out. You guys game vs Valley does not count anyway.

AD got a lot of flak from the Golden Lion faithful for scheduling UCA. A lot of people in the Bluff are happy(including Moi :D ) that we are not playing UCA. UAPB might get five home games when they replace UCA on September 11 and I hear that they are still working on a date for November 13. Ad got lucky on this one.

Nita you are right though, both AD's should have known this rule.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
What's wrong with playing UCA??

People here just do not like playing UCA.

Some reasons are that when UAPB had the classics with MVSU, Southern, PVU.
The city of Little Rock did not get behind the classic, although UAPB and the SWAC brought lot of fans to Little Rock, the city did not support UAPB classics, no promotions or anything.

War Memorial staduim charged UAPB over 10,000 dollars to rent the venue, charged UAPB for light bill and UAPB could not use the concession stands.

The Razorback foundation had that wrapped up.

Now when Arkansas State started their classic 2 years ago, the city of Little Rock and some business men picked up the tab of expenses.

Arkansas State were even allowed to use the concession booths. All the 4 local TV stations were there promoting the Arkansas State Indians classic.

UAPB had a presence in Little Rock since 1970. Those are some of the reasons. So in essence people here feel that since the city of Little Rock does not want to support UAPB and the other SWAC schools they played in the past why should UAPB help UCA?

Originally posted by Tigerpride
What's wrong with playing UCA??

Leave it to me to always point this out, but, uh, could it be the arse-whipping factor?

Also, Mach is right, it's in a football season, and if your AD thinks it's within a 365 or 366 day span, he IS incompetent, as Nita & Co. have said many times.....

Originally posted by PNeck019
Leave it to me to always point this out, but, uh, could it be the arse-whipping factor?

Also, Mach is right, it's in a football season, and if your AD thinks it's within a 365 or 366 day span, he IS incompetent, as Nita & Co. have said many times.....

UCA did not want to play UAPB when Ron Johnson, Dwight Mckissic and company were at UAPB. They did not want to play UAPB in the year UAPB was in the NAIA playoffs. UAPB and UCA played in Hardman's first year, in which UCA won7-6 in a monsoon soaked stadium. After that year, UCA did not want a game with UAPB. Now that the program is down, they want a game and some classics with UAPB.

Peolple here don't give a flying red fugg about a game with UCA, whether UAPB lose or win to them or not. You have to live here in Arkansas to understand the politics. Can't describe it over the net.

Whether the AD knew the rule or not is irrelevant, zelch, nada, numsquat to UAPB fans here.

They are happy UCA is off the schedule. It's like one ole schooler said in the barbershop," I rather lose to Southern by 100 points that to beat UCA 50 points".

Now you have to live here to understand that statement.

Fugg UCA and all other PWC's here in Arkansas!

Well, leave it to ME to point out that, in this case, your ass SHOLE IS WRONG!! The victory, or the margin thereof, has not a damned thing to do with the fact that I can't name FIVE people who were happy for us to be playing them cracker jack futhamuckas ...

Hell, when we were halfway decent, you couldn't pay those assholes a million dollars to play us. It wasn't until we had consecutive losing seasons that they would even entertain the notion. When Cooley was cheating/kicking ass, and even in the beginning, when Bucky was worth a dayum, UCA always hemmed and hawed and dragged their feet and came up with "scheduling conflicts" whenever we tried to play them. Now all of a sudden, the isht is a good idea? :rolleyes:

WHATEVER!!

Totally :topic: is the fact that I took a correspondence class through those buttheads, made an 'A' on every assignment, a 'B' on the final exam, and a 'C' in the damned class ... :redhot:

Looks like I've ticked some folks off....lol....didn't mean to, but since I already did, here's something else:

Just once I'd like to see one of these series ended with the HBCU on top so cynics like myself could stop pointing this out.....

Looks like I've ticked some folks off....lol....didn't mean to, but since I already did, here's something else:

Just once I'd like to see one of these series ended with the HBCU on top so cynics like myself could stop pointing this out.....

I'm glad the game isn't being played for financial reason. First, UCA only is playing UAPB for money at this point. This game would have been their biggest draw of the season. Secondly, since the new Golden Lion Stadium was built, UAPB has proved to Little Rock that they don't need to be pimped by War Memorial any more.

I always felt that if UAPB was going to help a D2 school, that we should help a HBCU D2 school (financially). I never wanted the series to be play anyway. Hopefully we can get out of the contract without any penalty.

On the scheduling tip, I'm sure that it is based on a calendar year, not football year. What team would schedule a team twice in one season anyway?

It is common knowledge that you can't schedule the same team twice during a single football season. I think they are talking about playing two different D-2 schools in the same season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
dag, vinita :eek:

pbla, if you wouldn't mind, please cite the NCAA bylaws asserting your claim. Not a challenge to you personally, but there seems to be many D-1 schools (1-AA is a sub-classification of D-1, not a whole 'nother division so the sWAC and MEAC are in fact, D-1) that play D-IIs annually and usually around the same time every year to the day, either Labor Day or Thanksgiving:

Ala. State vs. Tuskegee
A&T vs. NC Central
Norfolk State vs. VA State

I only bring it up so you are fully armed, so you can ask the appropriate questions and not get sold a bill of goods.

From what yall are saying, if yall really don't want to play them, the best thing to do is play them and beat the hell out of them, then they won't play yall.

But dayum, if you don't want to play them, don't schedule them, but to come up with an excuse that makes you look like a idiot

'Scuse me Lewis, but WE didn't schedule them ...

CRAIG CURRY'S ignorant of the rules he's supposed to know ass did THAT.

Why the hell do you think I'd be on here RAISING HELL if I had agreed to this fugg up of a game in the first place?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by decatur g
dag, vinita :eek:

pbla, if you wouldn't mind, please cite the NCAA bylaws asserting your claim. Not a challenge to you personally, but there seems to be many D-1 schools (1-AA is a sub-classification of D-1, not a whole 'nother division so the sWAC and MEAC are in fact, D-1) that play D-IIs annually and usually around the same time every year to the day, either Labor Day or Thanksgiving:

Ala. State vs. Tuskegee
A&T vs. NC Central
Norfolk State vs. VA State

I only bring it up so you are fully armed, so you can ask the appropriate questions and not get sold a bill of goods.
I think you need to address that question to the powers to be at UAPB. Call information 1411 and ask for the athletic Dept at UAPB and ask to speak to the AD, I'm sure he can answer your question. Or you can come to Pine Bluff and ask the YARD INTELLIGENCE..:cool:

But as for now, I'm happy that this game is not being played. As Da Sperm said above I would rather UAPB to help a HBCU D2 school

Originally posted by Vinita
Then you and your school go win one ...

Get that azz Niter! But FYI...PNeck's real school is McNeese...he only adopted the jags last year (McNeese wouldn't sign one of his mentees).

Originally posted by Da_Sperm
I'm glad the game isn't being played for financial reason. First, since the new Golden Lion Stadium was built, UAPB has proved to Little Rock that they don't need to be pimped by War Memorial any more.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of our schools being MF'ING P-I-M-P-E-D by the powers that be! When will EVERYBODY that makes the call (ADs) wake the fugg up?! :mad: Never wanted to deal w/ your school in the past but NOW that they see the #s which equate to #s that have $$$$$$, they wanna' play? :confused: Man... :shame:

This does include the pompous attitude of the azz backwards city of Dallas and it's annual pimping of GSU and PVU. The city officials couldn't give a rats arse about it and <b>I'll be damned if the fugging mayor didn't get on EVERY local television station and SAY exactly that when confronted by it! "Who cares? Let'em move it...."</b>. :confused:

I'm done. Isht like this runs my blood pressure hot. :( Good for you UAPB. *F* war memorial. Sonz-a-britches... :mad:

Back