Nick Saban: Tua Tagovailoa only Alabama player with top 15 NFL draft grade

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
After his performance in the Citrus Bowl, Jerry Jeudy definitely shot up quite a few spots.

Work for free, or get paid? A white boy will always take the latter.

they'll work for free if its a place they've wanted to go to for life. Alot of them will turn down an athletic scholarship at a school that actually recruited them just to pay their own way to play at the dream school the family went to.

they'll work for free if its a place they've wanted to go to for life. Alot of them will turn down an athletic scholarship at a school that actually recruited them just to pay their own way to play at the dream school the family went to.

No. I was talking about staying another year, or going professional.

I think its a bad decision. The difference between J Burrow and Tua is that Burrow made a decision to go to LSU based of him having nothing to lose or another chance. And he became very successful off that decision. Now Tua, His health, Why would you declare for the NFL which is at the highest of the highest level of performance, and realistically you will NOT be up to 100% health with a huge hip/leg injury. Your draft stock will drop. It WILL drop. You just cant live Life off of Dreams and magic, letting people and the media pump you up. Your body is going to get you in the NFL or not, not your brain or your wishing or hoping. Stay for your last year, Heal, Heal, Heal, and Heal 10 more times.... Practice, Play the later half of the 2020 season then go for Draft 2021....

True.

Peyton Manning is a popular example. Would have been a high draft pick - some say the number one pick - and turned it down to go back to Tennessee.

Many examples before and after Peyton.

In the upcoming draft, Justin Hebert turned down first round money to return to Oregon.

Jake Fromm at Georgia.
Andrew Luck too. I remember talking to a scout during our football camp prior to Luck's senior year at Stanford and he questioned how committed Luck actually was to playing football. He said Luck didn't NEED football unlike many other players and gave up being the #1 pick to go back and get a degree he could have easily completed while in the league or after he was done.

I think its a bad decision. The difference between J Burrow and Tua is that Burrow made a decision to go to LSU based of him having nothing to lose or another chance. And he became very successful off that decision. Now Tua, His health, Why would you declare for the NFL which is at the highest of the highest level of performance, and realistically you will NOT be up to 100% health with a huge hip/leg injury. Your draft stock will drop. It WILL drop. You just cant live Life off of Dreams and magic, letting people and the media pump you up. Your body is going to get you in the NFL or not, not your brain or your wishing or hoping. Stay for your last year, Heal, Heal, Heal, and Heal 10 more times.... Practice, Play the later half of the 2020 season then go for Draft 2021....

Tua gets hurt in college playing his senior season, he won’t see the first round. Or if he plays his senior year and isn't as good as he was pre-injury, his draft stock tumbles. It would have been stupid for him to play another year at Bama.

Last edited:
True.

Peyton Manning is a popular example. Would have been a high draft pick - some say the number one pick - and turned it down to go back to Tennessee.

Many examples before and after Peyton.

In the upcoming draft, Justin Hebert turned down first round money to return to Oregon.

Jake Fromm at Georgia.
Fromm has regressed a bunch.

Tua gets hurt in college playing his senior season, he won’t see the first round. Or if he plays his senior year and isn't as good as he was pre-injury, his draft stock tumbles. It would have been stupid for him to play another year at Bama.
Just re read my post though.... And kind of think about your reply.....
Overall in all Dreams/Hopes, What can he do better in the NFL that he can't his senior year in college????? I pretty much tried to support my views with the whole healing and possibly playing college ball toward the bottom/later half of the season... Then NFL 2021 being hopefully healed, stronger, more skilled player... More/Most ready for the NFL tryouts... Just saying... Not trying to be a a-hole

Part of the risk of returning to school.

However, at the time he turned down the NFL to return to Georgia he was projected to be a high pick. The point is he had the opportunity to get paid and stayed in school.
Fromm was not eligible to leave before this year so he hasn't turned the NFL down yet.

Just re read my post though.... And kind of think about your reply.....
Overall in all Dreams/Hopes, What can he do better in the NFL that he can't his senior year in college????? I pretty much tried to support my views with the whole healing and possibly playing college ball toward the bottom/later half of the season... Then NFL 2021 being hopefully healed, stronger, more skilled player... More/Most ready for the NFL tryouts... Just saying... Not trying to be a a-hole
He can make millions and get his degree later if he needs it. Now, you have been adamant on here about how college is not worth it, do you think he should risk millions of dollar to return and get a degree or go for the guaranteed money now?

I wish Tua all the best in the NFL. The one thing that I question about Tua, is can he "take a licking and keep on ticking"? In other words, he just seem fragile to me.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Tua needs to cash in his golden ticket now because he is probably one more injury away from being Coach Tua anyway. mid-1st round money is still 8 digits guaranteed compared to making nothing at Bama

Jake Browning is a cautionary tale of turning down 1st round money to return to school. He was undrafted last year (he is a backup for Minnesota)

Tua needs to cash in his golden ticket now because he is probably one more injury away from being Coach Tua anyway. mid-1st round money is still 8 digits guaranteed compared to making nothing at Bama

Jake Browning is a cautionary tale of turning down 1st round money to return to school. He was undrafted last year (he is a backup for Minnesota)

Shoot I thought he was going to be Coach Tua after this injury.

Fromm is a quarterback who at his best will not lose a game for his team in my opinion. Lawrence, Burrow, Tua, Fields and Eason at their best are ones who can win games for their teams in my opinion.

Back