News on Robert Kent and others at combine

Dr. Phreeze

It is I...Yes it is...
Two players have really stepped up and probably improved their draft stock significantly.

Luke McCown, quarterback, Louisiana Tech. He's been out here since the first day and has been throwing in nearly every drill. He, Robert Kent (Jackson State) and Scott Rislov (San Jose State) have taken advantage of helping out on other drills and showing scouts what they can do. McCown especially has looked good.

Rashaun Woods, wide receiver, Oklahoma State. Woods' claim to fame up until now was catching seven touchdowns in one game. Here in Indy, he has run very well (the 4.4 area) and also had an outstanding vertical jump. Just another name to add to the growing list of top receiving talent.

Terry Johnson, defensive tackle....

Robert Kent

Kent scored 28 on the personality test at the combine. The average score for QBs is 24 and the highest you can score is 36.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Prodigy
Kent scored 28 on the personality test at the combine. The average score for QBs is 24 and the highest you can score is 36.

Not sure about the high being 36. I believe I heard Drew Henson made a 40-something. The Wunderlich, I believe it's called.

Excerpt from ESPN.com article:

On the rise

QBs J.P.Losman (Tulane), Robert Kent (Jackson State) and Luke McCown (Louisiana Tech):
All three will be drafted but, of the trio, the guy most worth watching is Losman. He is hardly a secret after some scouting groups had him rated as the No. 1 prospect in the spring, but he got lost in the shuffle some during a disappointing senior season. Losman still probably is no better than the No. 4 prospect now but there is at least one team that feels he could sneak into the late stages of the first round. Losman had a little trouble with his accuracy on some medium-range throws but was excellent on deep routes, showing very good touch. He also showed foot speed in the 40, with a 4.62 time. Kent and McCown threw the ball well and have NFL-type physical stature.

Players On The Rise

Kent isn't your average jock...he's smart...arrogant (before 2003) but smart....he also played tennis for JSU..only brotha to come out there with a white t-shirt and shorts...everyone else had one polo shirts,

Originally posted by EyEoFtHeTiGeR
......... and Scott Rislov (San Jose State) have taken advantage of helping out on other drills and showing scouts what they can do.

Umm Beans you still want to challenge me on that bit of info that I stated about SJSU QB being a talent?

:idea:

Re: Re: News on Robert Kent and others at combine

Originally posted by Suge
Umm Beans you still want to challenge me on that bit of info that I stated about SJSU QB being a talent?

Suge, what is this proving? They said the same thing about those Miami Qbs.

Gino Torretta send Suge some help.

Re: Re: News on Robert Kent and others at combine

Talented enough to lead them to a 2-8 record against that fine schedule they had....

I never said he was GREAT! And to PNeck, I never said he played on a GREAT TEAM.

And Beans, what's your point about Toretta? Was he not a helluva college QB? His pro career doesn't change that. Same could be said for Andre Ware, and many others.

I just simply stated that he was a talent. A good player with some skills at QB..........see the difference. And I see that the NFL seems to think he has SOME talent too. Enougn to be getting a serious look by the league.

I never said he was GREAT! And to PNeck, I never said he played on a GREAT TEAM.

And Beans, what's your point about Toretta? Was he not a helluva college QB? His pro career doesn't change that. Same could be said for Andre Ware, and many others.

I just simply stated that he was a talent. A good player with some skills at QB..........see the difference. And I see that the NFL seems to think he has SOME talent too. Enougn to be getting a serious look by the league.

Oh now he has SOME talent. When he busted you all's head to the whitemeat, he was THE TALENT. You would thought he would be Steve Young, Joe Montana in re-incarnation. Now he's just a good player with some skills at QB.

I understand now.

ASSumption is the lowest form of.......o yeah, they said no smacking.

See how you read in what you want. I always said he is A talent. You ASSumed that meant Montana........

but the results of the game didn't have anything to do with my assesment of the players. Let me provide you with an example. Grambling beat JSU like a dirty rug, yet I still maintain that Robert Kent is a talent at QB. Even the league is looking past his dismal team.........

ASSumption is the lowest form of.......o yeah, they said no smacking.

See how you read in what you want. I always said he is A talent. You ASSumed that meant Montana........

but the results of the game didn't have anything to do with my assesment of the players. Let me provide you with an example. Grambling beat JSU like a dirty rug, yet I still maintain that Robert Kent is a talent at QB. Even the league is looking past his dismal team.........

So Suge, based on this theory of yours. Do you think SJSU QB will cut the mustard? I mean, there's one thing to be A talent in college, but it's all for not if you cant make the transition to a higher level. What's your opinion?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

No problem Suge...lol

I just thought you were trying to justify one of his games....

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
So Suge, based on this theory of yours. Do you think SJSU QB will cut the mustard? I mean, there's one thing to be A talent in college, but it's all for not if you cant make the transition to a higher level. What's your opinion?

So Beans, every college player that doesn't have a stellar, or at least decent NFL career did it all for "NOT"? I guess you would say the same for every high school players who doesn't have success in college? I want to be sure that is what you mean. Because if that is your logic Beans, then you have less of a clue about football than I even thought before. See Beans, success on one level doesn't eqaul success on the next. Do you know how many college hall of famers never even make it to the pros, but according to you, they did it all for "NOT"!

But to humor you Beans, and to further prove my point of you not knowing anything about the game of football.......I doubt that he has a stellar NFL career. But I believe the same thing about some other players too. But that still does nothing to change the fact that he is talented enough to get some looks from the league. That he is talented enough to be considered a draft pick. But I am sure you ASSumed as much.

Naw, PNeck, I wasn't trying to justify GSU getting bashed by SJSU. When we lost to SJSU, the conversation somehow started talking about the caliber of their players and I said that the QB was a talent. Meaning a good player, has some skills, etc., and that was based on what I saw of him in that game. Beans at one time had my quote in his signature....I just like to show Beans that as usual, he doesn't have a clue about the game of football. This post was just my justification of my earlier statement, and further justification(as if any was needed) of why nobody listens to what beans has to say about anything related to the game of football......

The more Beans post, the smarter he makes me look......keep up the god work Beans.

So Beans, every college player that doesn't have a stellar, or at least decent NFL career did it all for "NOT"? I guess you would say the same for every high school players who doesn't have success in college? I want to be sure that is what you mean. Because if that is your logic Beans, then you have less of a clue about football than I even thought before. See Beans, success on one level doesn't eqaul success on the next. Do you know how many college hall of famers never even make it to the pros, but according to you, they did it all for "NOT"!

But to humor you Beans, and to further prove my point of you not knowing anything about the game of football.......I doubt that he has a stellar NFL career. But I believe the same thing about some other players too. But that still does nothing to change the fact that he is talented enough to get some looks from the league. That he is talented enough to be considered a draft pick. But I am sure you ASSumed as much.

Naw, PNeck, I wasn't trying to justify GSU getting bashed by SJSU. When we lost to SJSU, the conversation somehow started talking about the caliber of their players and I said that the QB was a talent. Meaning a good player, has some skills, etc., and that was based on what I saw of him in that game. Beans at one time had my quote in his signature....I just like to show Beans that as usual, he doesn't have a clue about the game of football. This post was just my justification of my earlier statement, and further justification(as if any was needed) of why nobody listens to what beans has to say about anything related to the game of football......

The more Beans post, the smarter he makes me look......keep up the god work Beans.

Suge, I never knew that you were totally bent out of shape because your NFL career never got off the ground. I mean, you took some words of mines and ran with it. But neverthaless, you got my point.

Ball Speed:
Jared Lorenzen, Kentucky, 60.7 mph
Josh Harris, Bowling Green, 58.7
J.P. Losman, Tulane, 57.3
Robert Kent, Jackson State, 56.2
Ben Roethlisberger, Miami (Ohio), 55.7

Source: USA Today print edition, March 2nd, page 10C

Originally posted by A&T Brandmasta
Ball Speed:
Jared Lorenzen, Kentucky, 60.7 mph
Josh Harris, Bowling Green, 58.7
J.P. Losman, Tulane, 57.3
Robert Kent, Jackson State, 56.2
Ben Roethlisberger, Miami (Ohio), 55.7

Source: USA Today print edition, March 2nd, page 10C

San Diego better not make the same mistake twice.

While Roethlisberger appears to have a better head than Ryan Leaf, anybody wanna bet Eli Manning will have a better pro career?

Originally posted by PNeck019
San Diego better not make the same mistake twice.

While Roethlisberger appears to have a better head than Ryan Leaf, anybody wanna bet Eli Manning will have a better pro career?

I don't know about San Diego drafting a QB. I still believe Drew Brees can be a good one......but you can't pass on an Eli Manning-type, or Roethlisberger, for that matter.

It'll be real interesting to see what they'll do with this pick. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to trade it.

"Jackson State's Robert Kent, 6-4, 222, has a big arm and is a fluid athlete, but he's coming off a disappointing senior season in which he complained about not getting enough throws. He was noteworthy at the combine and has made up ground in the postseason."

That was the excerpt on Kent. Here's the full story

Back