NEW DVR TO REPLACE VCR FOR REST OF HBCU SEASON....

Donald K. Willi

I had to breakdown and decided not to be medieval any longer and bought me a DVR and VCR Combo recorder to record the rest of the HBCU games on for my library and to send my brother way up in northern Maine.It's a Panasonic.Did I make a good move or not? My Sony VCR petered out on me.

Butch Wms. said:
I had to breakdown and decided not to be medieval any longer and bought me a DVR and VCR Combo recorder to record the rest of the HBCU games on for my library and to send my brother way up in northern Maine.It's a Panasonic.Did I make a good move or not? My Sony VCR petered out on me.

I don't have a DVR/VCR combo recorder but I am seriously considering getting one, or at least hinting to the Mrs. for one. So I will leave it to you to give me a review. Because I think I need one.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't have a DVR but I do have a DVD/VCR Recorder, I can record on VHS Tapes or DVD-R's

L948205.jpg

I haven't really used it that much yet since it wasn't football season, but I do have plans to transfer a lot of stuff on tape to dvd.

Butch Wms. said:
Panasonic electronics are far better than Sony's but still Sony is no slouch either. I purchased a Panasonic VCR in 97 and I have not any problems with it. Now I have a Panasonic DVD player. :tup:
Also most of the movies of today are filmed digitally on Panasonic's 900 series motion picture cameras.(Collateral,Star Wars)

Hmph, & I thought I was doing something when I finally learned how to OPEARATE my 2yr old dvd player a few mths back. I'm still behind. :(

Fortitude said:
Hmph, & I thought I was doing something when I finally learned how to OPEARATE my 2yr old dvd player a few mths back. I'm still behind. :(

Um, Fort, you are doing better than me. I don't own a DVD player at all. I would have to get an adapter for one to hook up to my TV. :smash:

I have watched a DVD on my computer though.

Fiyah said:
I don't have a DVR but I do have a DVD/VCR Recorder, I can record on VHS Tapes or DVD-R's

L948205.jpg

I haven't really used it that much yet since it wasn't football season, but I do have plans to transfer a lot of stuff on tape to dvd.

Fiyah, thanks for the correction. A DVD/VCR recorder is exactly what I was talking about. And a JVC one at that.

SAME OLD G said:
Fiyah, thanks for the correction. A DVD/VCR recorder is exactly what I was talking about. And a JVC one at that.

Thats the exact one I have, wish we had ESPNU so I could record the Swac games of the week on DVD..... :bawling:

Back