New communication rules

Olde Hornet

Are you with the rules?

There are 15 in the article.

'Don't call me before you text': The new rules of communicating in the digital era

1. Don't randomly FaceTime people. If you want to Facetime, shoot them a text or call first.
  2. One word texts like OK and LOL are conversation killers. Don't respond with one word, unless you don't want to talk anymore.
  3. If someone you know comments on a photo or video you posted, you should respond.
  4. If someone communicates to you using a certain form of communication, e.g. Email, then you are expected to respond using the same form of communication.
  5. Don't Like your own posts. People see that, and it makes you look weird.
  6. Don't ask for Likes, Comments or Shares.

I think that title could have been written better, but after reading the article, I understood it better. I agree with a lot in the article, but I'm of a different generation.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Dont call me unless we have a close relationship or its business related. I prefer text still.

I literally dont buy iPhones so people wont facetime me.

I'm old school. Call me. These old cats be getting caught up on that text. Lol if I'm trying to smash you ain't no way I'm texting you. That's a trace that will come back to hunt you. Lol Now it's friendly text away. Lol

I do not understand the fascination with facetime.
The Samsung Galaxy line on VZW has a similar feature called video calling, I've used it and I like the feature, but it's not something I have to used or even need. As for Facetime, my daughter and her friends use it when they're doing homework.

I have a Droid and the only time I have used the video thing is when my old lady has called me using it. My partner called me one time using that mess and I hung up. Ninja don't call no man using that mess unless it's your boy with his kids who wanna say hey Uncle or something. Lol

Back