Neutral opinion JSU vs. SU

AAMUBANDMASTER

It is days later and I am still crunk about the BoomBox Classic. I hear all the different opinion from each school and of course each thinks their school did better. Honestly, both bands were on fire. Both sounded great. I walked in about an hour before gametime, so i missed half the battle before the game. but SU was playing and I was like whoa. That was before JSU played and they were even more powerful. JSU is a monster this year. Both bands brought on the entertainment throughout the game. The entire first half belonged to JSU. They used their size to it's advantage well. Halftime, I give to JSU strictly because of the dance routine. I like the way you showed SU what you really think about them. People that were at the game know what I'm talking about. Your drill show and was very nice. Exciting to the people who hasn't seen it before but even though I seen it before I still give props. SU, what can I say, Perfection, I guess that describes it. So I can't knock the fact that your show has been seen before because yall were great. After the half was my favorie part because SU dug deep and made this game a battle. SU came with some amazing power. both bands rocked the stadium.

5TH Quarter- I give the edge to JSU for even having something to play back at a mad SU band that was blowing like never before. Both bands sounded great and were well prepared for that day.

Overall-TIE

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by tbonenupe
I am a former member of the Boom. That was not a good show. FAMU was the best. Alcorn was second and JSU last. The engery JSU uses when coming into the stadium and the energy in the stands and 5th quarter needs to be transfered to the field. JSU has not had a goof field show all year, let the truth be told. Then JSU band cannot dance. That has been going on for the last four to five years. JSU sounds good and that is it. Dance routine is weak everytime. FAMU I give you and BCC mad props. JSU could not come to Miami and do a halftime. The Boom is not on that dancing level yet. When I was in the Boom 91'-94' it was hard to get the students to dance. I think it is a Mississippi thing. Being from Mobile, we get that Miami base music and those dance moves that go with them. I was at FAMU this past weekend, and I saw the FAMU Connection perform. Man, they could dance so good. Then you have the "Strikers" dacne group on campus. My brother graduated from FAMU. He said it is that island, latin, flavor. It shows in FAMU and BCC dance routines. I have studied abroad in the islands and I see those same moves in FAMU dance routines. You all know how to do a halftime show and keep the crowd. It is a shame that FAMU looks so bad but you never look at the uniforms missing and sweat suites. FAMU keep representing. I like greatness when I see it.

You cannot use Memphis, Chicago, Detriot style dancing. You need to Florida, Miami, dance moves. So many people in JSU band come from St. Louis, Detriot, Chicago. That style will not work down south. It works good in Mississippi because everybody in Detriot, Chicago, Memphis, St. Louis, are from Mississippi.

I think JSU just need to be over hauled as it relates to the dance routine. The students in JSU band cannot dance. It was really proven this past Sunday night.

tbonenupe, I see your opinion of Jackson State has changed?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by JSU
tbonenupe, I see your opinion of Jackson State has changed?

:rolleyes:

:lol:
No, you didn't just call that man out like that.

In a somewhat defense of what tbonenupe may have stated weeks back: The Boom has improved over the last few weeks-- not that they were a total mess before--- Let's Get That STRAIGHT from da' door!
Tbonenupe was probably talking about a particular show at that particular time that was not up to par (or BOOM standards) and not how the band is all together.
Of course, I'm only assuming that is what he was/is thinking.
It's nothing crazy about that, because bands can and do make progress as the season moves along.

Note: Alcorn, Get READY, baby!!! :) I'm not picking on ya'll for personal attacks but only calling ya'll out, because you'll be JSU's last match up of the season.

Originally posted by CriTAUcal

Note: Alcorn, Get READY, baby!!! :) I'm not picking on ya'll for personal attacks but only calling ya'll out, because you'll be JSU's last match up of the season. [/B]

Don't Fret.......We're ready. :D

Originally posted by Rollin Thunda
Don't Fret.......We're ready. :D

Cool!!! :cool:

I heard Alcorn has improved this year! :tup:
I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing ya'll next month.

Cool!!! :cool:

I heard Alcorn has improved this year! :tup:
I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing ya'll next month.

Yeah they have improved but as Doc would say, "They have not arrived"...:cool:

:lol:

Note: Alcorn, Get READY, baby!!! :) I'm not picking on ya'll for personal attacks but only calling ya'll out, because you'll be JSU's last match up of the season.

well, well, well, after seening yall perform at the boombox classic, in the satnd yall did good. it is really hard to say who won the stand battle watching a tape. yall fieldshoow was crunker and better than at the battle of the bands. i guest all would like to get that foot out of your as- from alcorn at the battle of the bands, people might hate but alcorn's show was on point, and we got yall. but the b o t b and the boomboxclassic are both in the pass, it means nothing now all band keep up the good work see yall in november, that's only if i don't be kick out by then

I got a question for Boom members. I won the 5th Q. listening to clips and saw a clip for "Gangsta B." I listened to it and what I wanna know is is that song really "Love Hangover" by Dianna Ross. Master P's Gangsta B. ain't that old, and I believe the Boom been playing that song well before Master P's song.

I'm thinking:

If there's a cure for this, I don't want it. (Love Hangover)

Instead of:

If it ain't a gangsta b., I don't want her. (Gangsta B.)

No Smack intended, but..............

Alcorn,

Yall Ain't Ready!

Trust me!

Ask your band director! She will probably be brutaly honest, and after all is said and done,

yall ain't ready.

Originally posted by Robber
I got a question for Boom members. I won the 5th Q. listening to clips and saw a clip for "Gangsta B." I listened to it and what I wanna know is is that song really "Love Hangover" by Dianna Ross. Master P's Gangsta B. ain't that old, and I believe the Boom been playing that song well before Master P's song.

I'm thinking:

If there's a cure for this, I don't want it. (Love Hangover)

Instead of:

If it ain't a gangsta b., I don't want her. (Gangsta B.)

Same music...different lyrics.

Back