Netflix: They Cloned Tyrone

Have you all watched it yet? My wife says that it is good. I will check it out this weekend.
Just now found the time to watch...random thoughts...

• I was indeed entertained as I've grown to love these types of movies (Dark witted humor with coded messages)...
  • It was the scene in the fried chicken joint where I began piecing it all together of where this was going (fried chicken, church, beauty salons, check cashing places, etc.)...
  • The music all throughout the scenes were classic as well, then when they played Badu's cloned version of Tyrone at the end, that was when I realized there was a method and message for that as well...
  • Jack Bauer in a Blaxploitation flick? I can dig it! David Alan Grier know he can play some legendary characters even for a brief minute can he?! LOL...
  • All of the other main characters played their roles well too but something about Teyonah Parris I really loved, I didn't at first as I was like, she can do better than this... but she grew on me, seems like that was intentional as well with her character being more key as the plot progressed...
  • I nodded off a few times as it was a little long and I'm just getting old...so I know I missed some things details on my first watch...
  • *****Still, the way it all ended made me think of the events that just happened a few days ago in Montgomery <--this is very real too me as it now seems like life imitating art********
  • Speaking of life imitating art, now I really understand the Jamie Foxx clone references after he became ill...crazy...

Thumbs Up!!!

Last edited:
Just now found the time to watch...random thoughts...

• I was indeed entertained as I've grown to love these types of movies (Dark witted humor with coded messages)...
  • It was the scene in the fried chicken joint where I began piecing it all together of where this was going (fried chicken, church, beauty salons, check cashing places, etc.)...
  • The music all throughout the scenes were classic as well, then when they played Badu's cloned version of Tyrone at the end, that was when I realized there was a method and message for that as well...
  • Jack Bauer in a Blaxploitation flick? I can dig it! David Alan Grier know he can play some legendary characters even for a brief minute can he?! LOL...
  • All of the other main characters played their roles well too but something about Teyonah Parris I really loved, I didn't at first as I was like, she can do better than this... but she grew on me, seems like that was intentional as well with her character being more key as the plot progressed...
  • I nodded off a few times as it was a little long and I'm just getting old...so I know I missed some things details on my first watch...
  • *****Still, the way it all ended made me think of the events that just happened a few days ago in Montgomery <--this is very real too me as it now seems like life imitating art********
  • Speaking of life imitating art, now I really understand the Jamie Foxx clone references after he became ill...crazy...

Thumbs Up!!!
Yep, I liked the movie also. It makes you think about how we as black people can easily be bamboozled.

Yep, I liked the movie also. It makes you think about how we as black people can easily be bamboozled.

Yeah the idea with the chicken made me think of this movie as they did the same think.

MV5BMTBjODAzZDItZGY5My00YWMyLWE5NDItZGUyNTI2MWZkYTUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Back