Need help in Uninstalling AOL

BLUEBENGAL

I'm trying to uninstall AOL from my computer. I go to the Control Panel and click on Remove Program. This message appears on the screen, "Please wait while we look for versions of AOL on your computer. No changes are going made to your computer at this time". Nothing happens, after waiting ten minutes. The AOL software was installed on the computer when I received it. How can I uninstall this program?

Blue! Go to start/ settings/Control panel/ Add/Remove Programs and then click the Aol program and click change/remove. This should unistall the Aol Program. Also go to your desktop and delete the AOL Icon.

BLUEBENGAL said:
I'm trying to uninstall AOL from my computer. I go to the Control Panel and click on Remove Program. This message appears on the screen, "Please wait while we look for versions of AOL on your computer. No changes are going made to your computer at this time". Nothing happens, after waiting ten minutes. The AOL software was installed on the computer when I received it. How can I uninstall this program?
have you tried going to the program files where AOL is and uninstall it there.

You can remove AOL through the Add/Remove Programs icon in the Control Panel, but to remove All the changes made to your registry by the AOL software you'll need to also uninstall and reinstall Dial Up Networking and any remaining AOL adapters.

To uninstall AOL: click the Start button then Settings then Control Panel, when the Control Panel window opens double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon, locate and click on AOL then click the Add/Remove button, when it's finished removing it click OK to close the window and allow the computer to restart.

To remove AOL adapters: click the Start button then Settings then Control Panel, when the Control Panel window opens double-click on the Network icon and remove any AOL adapters, when it's finished removing it click OK to close the window and allow the computer to restart.

To uninstall Dial Up Networking: click the Start button then Settings then Control Panel, when the Control Panel window opens double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon, click the Windows Setup tab(up at the top) then double-click 'Communications' and remove the checkmark next to DialUp Networking, when it's finished removing it click OK to close the window and allow the computer to restart.

To reinstall Dial Up Networking: click the Start button then Settings then Control Panel, when the Control Panel window opens double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon, click the Windows Setup tab(up at the top) then double-click 'Communications' and click to put a checkmark next to DialUp Networking, click OK to close the window and allow the computer to restart.

P.S. Remember to jot down your AOL username and password before uninstalling AOL, you may need it later to access your email through www.aol.com or for billing purposes.

Da_Sperm said:
To uninstall AOL: click the Start button then Settings then Control Panel, when the Control Panel window opens double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon, locate and click on AOL then click the Add/Remove button, when it's finished removing it click OK to close the window and allow the computer to restart.

Still didn't work! Says this program not responding, maybe I should get rid of the computer.

Back