NCAA to test NFL style coach-to-QB communication system for Bayou Classic

PV-PRIDE

The NCAA will test out an NFL-style, in-helmet coach-to-quarterback communication system for the Bayou Classic between Grambling and Southern, FootballScoop has learned.

The game will be played next Saturday, Nov. 27, at the Superdome in New Orleans.

Sources said the NCAA is using the game as a test run before possibly rolling out wider use moving forward. Early returns from practices have been positive, we're told.

So will this eliminate the fake "check with me" pre snap QB stuff?

Some of it ain't fake unfortunately smh (I have seen it first hand)

Any OC worth a damn would benefit from it greatly having direct access to their QB before the communication is cut off so that they can multiple plays ready to go if they need to go quickly.

Some of it ain't fake unfortunately smh (I have seen it first hand)

Any OC worth a damn would benefit from it greatly having direct access to their QB before the communication is cut off so that they can multiple plays ready to go if they need to go quickly.
Yeah I was joking about the "FAKE" part, but our coaches can be so slow that the check with me thing get us delay of game sometimes smh

I wish they would trust the QB to give them 3 plays so they can check out the defense and check into the play that works with the defensive scheme they read from the line, maybe that is how it works, but it doesn't seem like it

Back